Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2Sketches4You, 2redbananas

Sometimes I have a real hard time just keeping a card simple. I tend to want to add lots of embellishment or several patterned papers together. I wanted to stay simple with this card using the sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You (http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/ ). For the piece of red cardstock with the image I stamped my own background for the challenge this week at 2 Red Bananas (http://2redbananas.blogspot.com/ ). I used Colorbox Queue chalk inks the red collection and a small heart stamp from Hero Arts. The large stamp in the center is from Studio G and is done with the darkest of the red inks, maroon. I stitched a red gingham ribbon onto the square. I placed a small piece of polka dot paper under it. I used a MS heart border punch and inked the edges slightly. I found that this didn't highlight very well on the card so I ended up adding a piece of red cardstock underneath so the hearts would show up better.

6 comments:

Alexis said...

Very cute - love the heart border.

If you would like a chance at some blog candy visit my blog :
http://beinspiredbyalexis.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-candy.html

~Thanks, Alexis

Laura Davis said...

Awww this is so sweet! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Lynette said...

So pretty! I love your stamped background. Thanks for joining the 2RedBananas challenge this week!

cnelson said...

really cute! love that ruffle!

Kathy Martin said...

Awww...sweet Valentine! Love the ribbon! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

Rose said...

this is so pretty and sweet! luv the ribbon :) and i know what you mean about keeping it simple... hard for me too! lol