
For those of you who got a Gypsy for Christmas you're going to love the simplicity of this card. I'm madly in love with my Gypsy. In fact sometimes I call it Bugsy. I know, I'm a little bit weird, some might say a lot weird. LOL! One of my daughters called me yesterday and asked me what I was doing. I said the same thing I'm always doing working in my studio, I never grow tired of it. She replied, Mom get a life. This is my life since retiring and you better believe I'm enjoying every second of it. I'm having the time of my life designing cards for the Cricut Cardz Challenge and Bitten By the Bug 2. There isn't anything else I'd rather be doing. Anyway, for this card I'm trying to live up to one of my goals for the year. That's to use what I already have in my supply stash. Not to say I won't buy more things (especially Cricut cartridges). But I'm going to try using up all the scraps of paper I have laying around. I found this white card base while reorganizing and used it for a long card. I really enjoy making long cards so that started the card out. I found the background paper in my scrap file and liked the color so cut it for the front of the card. The Thank You cut came from Gypsy Wanderings. I cut it at 8 inches from a light blue scrap and shadowed with a darker blue. I also cut the butterfly in the corner from the same cartridge at 2 1/2 inches from the print paper. I did a little embellishing on the butterflies by adding Stickles and pearls. Very quick and easy. The worst part of this card was trying to be careful I didn't smudge the Stickles. I wish that stuff dried quicker. I hope I've inspired you to get that Gypsy going and join our challenge this week. I'll be traveling with mine this weekend while I go to attend a Copic class. I want to be able to use my markers as well as some other designers do. I'll be waiting anxiously to see what everyone's thank you cards look like. It's so much fun to visit all your blogs.
11 comments:
Happy New Year Jeri!!! Pretty card...love the pearls and, of course, the Stickles!!!
Hugs,
Terry
Super cute..I really love the Gypsy wanderings cart.!
oh this is lovely!
thanks for visiting my blog - I too need and Want to use what I have! Even if it's not cool. Perhaps it'll become the new cool! LOL!
Do visit the clean and simple blog - they have great sketches that are perfect for QUICK cards and using up scraps!
And now I'm off to explore your blog. I've had a cricut for almost 3 years. I opened the box, got intimidated and promptly shut it. I haven't opened it since. I would like to find a spot in my craft space to set it up in --- and noticed that micheals had the cartridges buy one get one free -----
sooo ---- i'm going to explore and convince myself to just DO IT!
Hi Jeri! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your work is beautiful and I'm glad my card inspired you. I'm off to look around a little more!
Happy New Year!
Karen
k. you help me with the cricut. i help you with the alcohol inks. honestly the alcohol inks are the easiest thing in the world to make really cool backgrounds. I love your blog. Thanks so much for visiting mine.
Wonderful card Jeri. Like you I am always in my craft room and while my family might think I need to get a life I look at it like this.....they always know where to find me when they need me.
I saw this on the Cricut Cardz site and it totally wow'ed me.. this is absolutely stunning!! I love it to bits! Gorgeous!!!
Graet card Jeri, love the paper, glitter, pearls, just so elegant looking.
another beautiful card jeri i love that butterfly and your color choice is so very pretty
ps..do you still have the code for the original bbtb? if so could you send it to my email.tia :)
This is so beautiful card! I love it.
Happy New Year!
Sari
Post a Comment