Wednesday, January 6, 2010

JustBuggin,FlutterbyWed,DivaCB,ABC,ColorThrow,Belli


I spent my day blog hopping and boy was it fun. I saw so many wonderful creations and got so much inspiration. Flutter By Wednesday (http://flutterbywednesdays.blogspot.com/) is celebrating their new blog with a hop. What great designers. This is my first time entering one of their challenges because my stash has limited butterflies, fairies and angels. I plan on fixing that shortage this year. I used my Cricut to make some butterflies and used some DCWV butterfly paper. Hope that works. The other challenges for this card are:

When I saw the sketch at Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge today I knew I had to use it for my butterfly card. I used one of my favorite DCWV stacks, Whimsy, for my patterned paper (it has lots of glitter), brown kraft for my base card and a little dark brown for shadowing. My butterflies are cut twice (for layering) from Gypsy Wanderings at 2", 1 1/2", and 1". I used a flourish stamp from Studio G to stamp on my top layer of butterflies in dark brown chalk ink. I did add a little bit of Stickles on my top layer, too. My ribbon is a light orange polka dot and I added a couple orange rhinestones for that final bit of bling.

28 comments:

Danni said...

Oh how fun that you used your cricut..I really need to use mine more!! Lovely card and thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

kris said...

Beautiful! love the different size of butterflies... the papers are pretty too! Thanks for joining us at Flutter by! hugs, Kris

Saxo Stamper said...

This is beautiful, I love the swirls, the colours are really great together - smashing design. Thanks for joining us over at Just Buggin

Best wishes
Karen JB DT

Nicola said...

Ooh what a gorgeous card Jeri, loving your papers and layout and those butterflies are so pretty as is your ribbon detail.
Thank you for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

dj said...

wowsers--you really brought those challenges together--thanks for playing along!!

Kristin Moore said...

what a pretty and interesting combination of elements! Glad you decided to join the Divas for our sketch this week!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love your butterflies!! What a pretty card. Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge.

Holly said...

Ooohhh love that glittery fleur de lis! Thanks for playing in our Belli Challenge this week!

Jodi said...

What a beautiful job you did on this card!! I just love what you did here!! Wonderful!
Thank you for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!
Hugs
Jodi =)

KimCreate said...

Very nice combination of all the challenges.
Kim

KimCreate

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card!! I love those butterfly cuts and the dimension you added to them! Great job with the challenges!

♥Lea

shelly said...

hi jeri
oh my this is a beautiful card:)

Kimberly S said...

So many pretty butterflies! Just lovely! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Nancy Sanders said...

Jeri, you go girl...beautiful card and so many challenges! Wowzers!

Lynne said...

Beautiful card!! The butterflies are so pretty!
Lynne JB DT

LeAnne said...

VERY pretty!! Thanks for including the CTD colors in your challenges!

The Adventure of Linds and Lyds! said...

Great job! Your butterflies are beautiful.

Thanks for joining us on JB!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

lovely card, Thanks for joining the ABC Challenge, Samantha :0) Please consider turing the word verification off :0)

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

These butterflies are just beautiful, a lovely card!

Robin R
Just Buggin' design team

Hope said...

Beautiful butterflies!! Great job on the Just Buggin' Challenge!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge with us this week!

Fern said...

WOW, Beautiful design!! Love those butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us in the Belli Challenge!!

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful - love the flourishes and the butterflies! The gems are a great addition! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the butterflies and how you popped them up, and the flourishes are lovely! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

Kristin Eberline said...

What a pretty card! Love all the sweet butterflies :)

Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again on Wednesday :)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card. Those butterflies are fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Belli Challenge Blog.

Anonymous said...

This is such a gorgeous card, love it! Thanks for playing with us at Just Buggin!

Kandi *JB DT*

Lori (THCEO) said...

Love this! It's beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Just Buggin!

Lori C.
JB DT