Sunday, January 17, 2010

Project Tuesday/ 365 Card Sketch

This sweet little treat box will be filled with Valentine goodies for my granddaughter. The box is this week's challenge for Project Tuesday (http://sasprojecttuesday.blogspot.com/).
It's called a one sheet box, as it's made from one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" paper. I used the sketch from 365 Cards (http://365cards.blogspot.com/ ) as a basis for my box decoration. I thought it was perfect for the design I had in mind. The logical paper colors for a Valentine project are red and pink so that's what I went with. Everything I used to make this bag are leftovers from other projects. The only new thing I used was the cute bird stamp from Joann's $1 bin. Now I have to admit, for the first time I had a little bit of trouble following the directions for this Project Tuesday. After ruining three sheets of paper I finally figured it out. I think my brain was just a bit foggy from spending two days with my three year old granddaughter. I adore her but she completely wears me out. We play hard, very hard. When we are together we create our own little universe. Occasionally we surface to spend some time with Pop (grandpa). I enjoy the three to four year old age span, it's definitely my favorite. Payton has the most vivid imagination of any child I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot (having retired from elementary education). This child can pretend anything--even making a sweater for my dog to wear so he won't be cold outside. Anyway, I digress, easy for Nana to do.

Once I figured the box out I topped it with a lacy paper doily that I air-brushed a little with my new Copic ABS using R27, R32 and R37. That was fun. I used my little bird stamp with Colorbox chalk ink in warm red. I heat set it hoping that would keep my markers from bleeding into the stamped image. I colored the hearts with RV00, RV 02 and RV 04. I cut the birds out and used pop dots for a little dimension. The sentiment came from the same $1 stamp set. I stamped it on pink paper using warm red. The two hearts on each side of the sentiment were cut from a scrap of DCWV Be Mine stack. I embellished with a wide red-checked ribbon and used a red heart button (from Hobby Lobby) in the center of a large pink button.

6 comments:

Jennifer Meyer said...

What a fun box and design Jeri! I LOVE the Valentine design and adorable images!!

Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles - Project Tuesday ~ Hugs, Jennifer :)

~amy~ said...

Omgoodness.....this is absolutely adorable!!!!! Thx for playing with us @ 365 cards!!

Rose said...

LOL be mine or else!!! LOL too funny :)
this is adorable and fantastic use of the sketch.

thanks for joining us on Project Tuesday this week :)

TesaB said...

Aaawwww, that is stunning!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is totally cute! I love the doiley. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

Pam said...

This is great - perfect Valentine's box!