Monday, January 25, 2010

BBTB2 Love Postage Stamp Challenge

It's a new week at BBTB2 and a new challenge using the Sweethearts cartridge and the stamp on page 49. As you can see I have two items to fit the bill. I'm a little behind the times and just discovered the little mailboxes from Target for $1.00. How can you beat that price? I bought several of them. I can think of so many things to do with them now that I have them. Of course, there is the usual filling them with treats. But, what about filling them with individual cards with things you love about your spouse, or quotes about love for someone getting married. For my card I cut the stamp at five inches then decorated the front with pink rick rack and a heart rhinestone. My pp on this card is from Little Yellow Bicycle and I singled out a pair of birds for the center of the heart.

For the mailbox I cut the stamp at two inches, inked the edges with Colorbox Chalk Ink in Warm Red, added a punched red heart and pink rhinestones to each corner. The patterned paper on the mailbox is from GCD Studios. I added lace at the edge of each side. The word notes was cut from the Don Juan cartridge at 1 inch.

5 comments:

Creative Momma said...

WOW...Two great little projects..that mailbox is darling..great choice of papers :)
hugs
Marina

Sharon Caudle said...

Jeri, this set is fabulous! You did such a lovely job and I LOVE all your ideas for the mailbox! I've just GOT to get over there and pick some of those up! thanks so much for your wonderful inspiration! hugs!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh FABULOUS!!! I love the rick rack!

Nikki said...

WOW! What a great set! And what great ideas for the mailbox. :)

A Little Time said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love the card and I just adore that mailbox. You are so creative!!