Monday, March 26, 2012

BBTB2 Cindy Loo Flourish

Happy Monday!  It's time for another challenge at BBTB2 and our hostess this week, Julie, asked the Design Team to use a flourish from the Cindy Loo cartridge in our design.  I chose a frame with the flourish attached.  I'll be mass producing this design to give to several friends so I wanted a simple design.  This frame can be found on page 40 of the manual.  I simply cut it in black and added some doodling around the edges with a white gel pen.  My stamped quote is one of my all time favorites by Eleanor Roosevelt. 
I added a lacey butterfly to the corner.  This butterfly is from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge, I think.  I cut two background layers, one from black and the other a pale blue (I actually used a paint chip sample that I picked up at Lowe's).  Then I cut the lacy top layer in black.  I bent the top layer of the wings up for some dimension.  Thanks for stopping by.  If you'd like to join our BBTB2 challenge this week and you don't have the Cindy Loo cartridge, you can use a flourish from any other cartridge.  Please make a new project though, no back linking.  I'd like to take a second to thank all of you that have turned off your word verification on your blogs.  It makes it so much easier to leave comments and I really like to visit your blogs and see your projects for the challenge.

7 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Wow, this is fabby. I love that design, so elegant and the colors are devine. Hope your day is wonderful.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

So gorgeous and striking with the black and turquoise! I'm gonna be investigating those frames for sure. Beautiful! xxD

Sharon said...

This is so beautiful Jeri!!! I love it! :)

missstamper said...

Beautiful!

Susan Edwards said...

OMGosh, this card is simply stunning!! I love this SO MUCH!! The butterfly is great too, but wow, that frame card rocks!!
xx Susan

~JulieH~ said...

Jeri I know we shouldn't have favourites but this is mine this week! What a stunning card and such a beautiful sentiment. Love love love it!
Hugs
Juliexx

Lori1brat said...

What a beautiful 'frame & flourish' ! It is beautiful. I love it ! Hugs - Lori