Monday, April 16, 2012

BBTB2 Birthday Balloons

It's my turn to host this week's BBTB2 challenge and I asked my DT sisters to make a birthday card using balloons from any Cricut cartridge.  It's Birthday month in my family.  All four of my daughters were born in the month of April.  One birthday each week for the month.  I usually make cards for them individually and nobody gets the same card, but this year I condensed the project because life has been hectic here in the process of getting a new home.  (More to come on that in a future post).  I also had a surprise visit from a fabulous friend and someone that I admire very much.  I was lucky enough to meet Mary from Cardz TV (Stamps).  She was visiting some family here in Florida and ended up staying in the same campground we're in.  It was an incredible surprise for both of us when we found out we'd be in the same place.  What a fabulous time we had with her and her husband Wayne.  Fabulous and fun people and it was such an honor to meet them.  So as a result, all my girls are getting the same basic card, just in different colors.  This is a shaped card that I made using a cutting file from The Cutting Cafe.  I cut my base card from kraft cardstock and my flowered letters are a paper from My Mind's Eye.  I cut two balloons from the Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge and grouped them together by tying some pink and white twine around them.  A little doodling with a white gel pen finished the card off.   I hope you'll be able to join the balloon challenge this week at BBTB2.  You can use a balloon cut from any Cricut cartridge, but remember you must make a new card to enter the challenge.

8 comments:

GiuliaG. said...

Wow Jeri, this is outstanding. It's such a cheerful birthday card. Thanks for a wonderful challenge.

Carole Beath said...

Very cute, Jeri.... Loved the challenge with balloons....And how neat it was to meet Mary at the campground. The big wide world can shrink sometimes and create the most amazing crossing of paths.
C.

DonnaMundinger said...

Thanks for the fabulous challenge, hon! Love your b-day card in all it's iterations. Way cool that you met a celebrity. Small world, eh?

Regina Easter said...

this is sooooooooooooooo pretty...hugs

missstamper said...

Very pretty and I love that you were able to use the same card for your girls!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This pops so much..everything is gorgeous..R u buying a new home? Is your adventure over? Good Luck:) Krista

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

This is just the cutest, love the paper...sounds like you are way busy..

Penny

Lori said...

What a great challenge and card! I have to say that I had lot of fun with the challenge. I love the paper and design of your card.