Monday, April 23, 2012
BBTB2 Ladybug challenge
Boy, is April zooming by, or what? Here we are on another Monday and there's a new challenge over at BBTB2. Our fabulous DT sister, Krista, asked us to use a ladybug or bumblebee for this week's challenge. I have a fondness for ladybugs and I have this fantastic sentiment from a Cardz TV stamp set called Think Spring. I used my favorite ladybug cut from an oldie but goodie cartridge, Doodlecharms. I needed a daisy to go along with my ladybug and found this one on the Lyrical Letters cartridge. This was a quick and easy card to put together. I started with a card base of white cardstock, added a mat of green Bazzill cardstock and a patterned paper from Jillibean. I cut my daisy at 4". There is no shadow cut or layers for this daisy so I cut the flower three times from yellow, green and white cardstock and then cut and pieced it together. I used the yellow for the bottom layer and used my Gypsy to hide the contour of the flower center so it would not cut out the middle. Then I cut the green and white cardstock without hiding the contour so the hole would cut from the center to allow the yellow middle to show through. My ladybug is cut at 1". Before adding these two cuts to the front of the card I added my sentiment that I stamped onto one end of a 1' strip of cardstock. Then I added it to a piece of green cardstock cut at 1.25". I tied a red ribbon around it then added it to the card. Then I placed the flower and ladybug onto the card. I did not add any pop dots for dimension because I'm mailing this off to my granddaughter in Michigan and wanted it to be flat for mailing. I hope you'll get a chance to play along with us this week at BBTB2. You can use any Cricut cartridge to cut a bee or ladybug, but remember it must be a new creation and not a back link to a previous project. Thanks for stopping by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Soo fresh and pretty and super sweet! Adorable, Chickie! xxD
cute card Jeri!!
hi jeri...hows everything going ? you used two of my fave things, ladybugs and daisys :)and what a sweet sentiment :) this card just sings spring with its freshness. :)
Jeri, this is so darn cute. I love your little ladybug and that big gorgeous flower.
Jeri..This card just makes me happy..So sweet...Michigan your granddaughter? That's where I live:) Krista
This is just beautiful. I love this card!
I love the papers, and the sweet little bee and that pretty flower just make this a perfect take on our challenge from sweet Krista.
Carole
Very cute!
Very pretty.
Georgiana
Carson's Creations
This is so pretty Jeri. I love all your doodle stitching and your granddaughter will love it!
Hugs
Juliex
Post a Comment