Happy Monday! Time for this week's BBTB2 challenge. I was super excited when my Design Team Sister, Penny, asked the team to create a project with an ice cream cone theme using any Cricut cartridge. I hadn't had the chance to use my Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge yet and was so happy to see it had an ice cream cone box. I cut this project out at 8". I don't know about you, but I sometimes find the directions for the
3-D projects to be a little lacking. So I will usually make up a sample using white cardstock before I use my good paper. After cutting the sample I was able to see that I didn't need to use 12 x 12" paper. Good thing, too, because I don't travel with any. Since moving into the RV with limited storage space I just have 8.5 x 11" cardstock and 6 x 6" paper pads. I used Bazzill Basics Dotted paper for the ice cream scoop and the top scalloped layer of the cone. For the bottom of the cone I used kraft cardstock that I embossed with diamonds using a Sizzix folder. I found the most important part of this project was to make sure I scored each piece very well. So keep that in mind if you make any 3-D project. I embellished my cone with a beige gingham ribbon, pink button, tag I cut from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and my stamped sentiment is from Cardz TV Stamps Sweet Talk set. We are on the road traveling this week so if I don't get by your blog's to visit, that's why. We're on our way back to Michigan where we'll be spending the summer and be able to visit with kids and grandkids. I'm hoping to be back to my blog within a couple weeks.
12 comments:
Jeri, THIS is a work of art. I love it...and what a wonderful way to create a yummy ice cream cone.
Hugs
Carole
Jeri, this is so adorable, I did not remember this being on the sweet treat boxes cart, so thanks I need to go look this project up. Love your ice creame colors. hugs
Sooo cute! Yeah, I remember this not being the easiest to put together, but it sure doesn't show from your fab project. Love the embossing. Have a safe trip back. xxD
Love your ice cream cone box!! The embossing is awesome. I love the colors of your cone as well, this cart is so on my wish list!! lol
Fabulous!Great Job!
Love your 3D cone, Jeri.....really does look good enough to eat!
This is so amazing. You have really inspired me to try this. Looking forward to being on the DT with you,
Love your ice cream cone Jeri.Looking forward to working on the team with you.
Jayne x
Great project!
Awesome!!!!! You did a fantastic job!! The embossing really makes it look more real. Ya'll be careful and stay safe!! :)
Yummy 3D ice cream cone! I have this cartridge, but have not tried that cut yet, but you have inspired me to do so!
I am excited to be working on the design team with you!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/
Ooh Jeri this is a gorgeous Icecream treat holder it looks good enough to eat! I must break oen my cart and give it a try!
Hugs
Juliex
Post a Comment