Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Cutting Cafe Jar Shaped Card

Do you remember collecting bugs in a jar when you were little?  That childhood memory was the inspiration for my design for this week's inspiration post at The Cutting Cafe.  The Design Team is featuring projects with the Jar Shaped Card set.  I cut the base card out of Basic Grey wire mesh looking paper using the SVG file.  I used a metallic gold for the jar lid and then a scrap of blue gingham paper to look like fabric on the jar under the lid.  I used a piece of acetate as a top layer to make it look like more like a glass jar.  Then I used my Cricut to cut the bugs from the Doodlecharms cartridge.  The grass came from the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge.  I placed the bugs and grass under the acetate so they looked like they were in the jar.  The butterfly was cut from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge and I placed it on top of the acetate on the "outside" of the jar.  I cut a tag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More and added a spring sentiment from a Cardz TV stamps set called Think Spring.  For a finishing touch I added a red gingham ribbon and tied the tag on with a bit of twine.  I was so happy how this card came out and I hope you like it, too.  You'll want to be sure to check The Cutting Cafe Blog on Wednesday to see the rest of the design teams projects.

7 comments:

Regina Easter said...

jeri jeri jeri....this is soooooooo cute...you are so creative girl....hugs

jessica said...

This is adorable Jeri!!! Love all the pattern paper and the adorable scene!
TFS

Sharon said...

This is awesome Jeri!!! I love love love it!!!!! I thought the gingham paper was fabric at first!! :)

missstamper said...

That is such a cute card!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Darling! What an incredibly FUN project!
Love that!
And your added buggies! =0)
Can't believe my time is almost up with the team!
Eek!

~Leah

Carolyn Wolff said...

This is awesome Jeri! I love how you changed it up to a bug jar. Brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing.

sophiesmama said...

Jeri, you have outdone yourself, girl! This is awesome!!! Have a great week, my friend!
Hugs,
Mary