Tuesday, April 17, 2012
The Cutting Cafe Fun with Dress Forms
Have you ever made a card and been super happy with how it turned out? I love how this card came out and I'm so excited to share it with everyone. I knew when I got this fabulous file from Regina at The Cutting Cafe I was going to have some great fun with it. The set the Design Team is highlighting this week is the Fun with Dress Forms set. Regina picked the perfect name for this set because it is fun, fun, fun. There are two shaped cards in this set, plus 28 images (assorted tops for the dress form) and 12 sentiments. I decided to do some paper piecing on my card because I had this polka dot paper I wanted to use. I'm obsessed with any clothing that's polka dots. If I could find a dress that looks like this I would definitely buy it. I wanted my card to look elegant so the papers I used are from a 6x6 paper pad by Creative Imaginations called Cream and Black. The base card is black cardstock and I topped it with a cream and white damask print. Then I printed the sentiment on a strip of paper from the pad that had some black flowers printed around the edge with a notebook paper look. It made the sentiment easy to line up because of the lines. After printing it I placed it on a piece of black cardstock. The sentiment is a 1 x 4" strip and the black cardstock is 1.25 x 4" strip. The dress form is cut from black cardstock and topped with my polka dot dress. I cut the flower for the dress from a houndstooth patterned paper and added a black rhinestone to the center. On Wednesday you can see the rest of the Design Teams projects using the Fun with Dress Forms set so be sure to check The Cutting Cafe Blog for them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
this is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo AWESOME...love it
Great sentiment and a beautiful card!
Pretty card. Love these colors & patterns together...perfect for this image.
this is so beautiful!! love the papers and love the sentiment!
TFS
Post a Comment