Monday, April 2, 2012
Happy Retirment
When a dear friend and neighbor asked me to make a retirement card for her about a month ago, I totally forgot. Talk about feeling terrible. So I had to make this card up more quickly than I like to. My mind lately is on a totally different aspect of life and it's been a little hectic for me so I turned to one of my favorite challenge sites for inspiration, Mojo Monday. They had a perfect sketch to go with the digital stamp I wanted to use from The Cutting Cafe called--what else--Happy Retirment. I started with a base card of white cardstock and added a blue mat. My patterned paper is Authentique and under it I added a punched border. A small scrap of blue that I trimmed with my square punch to get the points and embellished with a small piece of polka dot ribbon and a white flower with a button center finished the card off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This is very nice... makes me wish I could retire all over again so you could send me one...but that was 4 years back and I don't want to start over... Great card, girl.
Carole
Beautiful! I love all the elements to it.
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com
how cute, i love this...hugs
This is great, and so true! I've been retired for 2 years now and it really is FUN! Great card!
What a pretty and fun card for retirement. Love the colors and clean style. TFS and have a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment