I love the colors of fall and it's always been my favorite season in Michigan. It's nice to see the leaves changing and to go to the cider mill for fresh apple cider before we head down to Florida for the winter. In fact, I love the season so much that hubby and I got married in the fall. We are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary this weekend. It's our last weekend in Michigan, so a little bittersweet as we see our family for the last time this year. This week's challenge at Cardz TV is to make a project using the fall colors of red, orange, gold and brown. I made a base card from brown cardstock and topped it with a plaid from the Bo Bunny Apple Cider paper stack (last year's). Next I added a dark red polka (Simple Stories Harvest Lane) dot circle that I stitched onto the plaid background with a zigzag stitch and my cute little traveling Janome sewing machine. My leaf is cut from a Silhouette file (#4002) and embossed with Cuttlebug's Moracan Screen. I cut a couple Cutting Café Scalloped Borders (SVG) and layered them together then added an orange ribbon. I stamped my sentiment from the Cardz Tv Stamps Thankful For You stamp set and then cut it into three shorter strips, which I popped with dimensional foam and stacked.
11 comments:
This is fantastic Jeri!! I love the leaf and the embossing. The little border and ribbon with the stitching are great!! Ya'll be careful on your return trip to Florida!! :)
this is gorgeous. i'm withyou on the colors... fabulous!
happy, happy anniversary and have a safe trip south!
i LOVE the fresh apple cider but found i'm not crazy about the apple cider donuts! go figure!
hugs :)
This card is beautiful Jeri!! I love the colors and I love that leaf embossed!! Enjoy your last week before you head back to Florida and please drive safely! I love the fall too and we just got fresh apple cider last weekend. lol Hugs my friend!
Jeri, I love your card. I love the texture you add to your leaf, it really makes it pop!
I love how you cut the sentiment into strips! The leaf looks great with the embossing. Love the papers you've used. Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura
Your color choices are perfect on this card! Love it!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Mimi
Cardztv DT Sister
Love your card and the papers that you used.
Hugs
Rachelle
Happy 40th Congrats!!
What a beautiful card. I love your stitching and how you put everything together. I must say you sure are one clever, creative & talented gal. You have the eye for color and design.
Jeri this is just beautiful!!!! I love those papers!
Hugs,
Jo-DT Sis
xox
I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff you post.
pirate costume
I'm really loving this card. The colors, papers and embossing are all perfect!
Post a Comment