Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Creative Time Designer Challenge The Colors of Fall



It feels like Fall here in northern Michigan.  I can't believe the whole summer is just gone.  Our time here is quickly coming to an end and we'll be heading back down to Florida soon.  Fall was always my favorite season when we lived in Michigan.  I loved seeing the trees changing color and I always hope that we'll see a little of that color before we leave our camper in late September.  Yesterday we were driving down a country road and saw a field of pumpkins which inspired my card today that I made for the My Creative Time Designer Challenge.  The current challenge has an inspiration picture to take colors from. 


I used the MCT Stitched Hexy Dies to make my little pumpkins.  I cut little stems for them by hand and added them to the top of the pumpkins along with a little twine bow.  My little crescent moon is made from the MCT Stitched Circle Die and the clouds are the MCT Stitched Cartoon Cloud Dies.  To make the crescent moon I cut the stitched circle and then placed the circle die on top of the first cut with just the crescent shape showing and ran it through my Cuttlebug again.  I added a few little twinkling blue star sequins to finish the card off.

9 comments:

Cassandra said...

Love how you made the pumpkins! Cute papers too! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Pat N. said...

Adorable! Cute use of the hexagon dies for your pumpkins!

Regina Easter said...

cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....hugs

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous!

Brenda said...

I don't know where the summer went but it sure is gone! lol I love fall to but don't look forward to winter any more like I use too, but ready or not it will come. I love, love your card Jeri!! You are so talented my friend! I love how you made your pumpkins from the hexy dies-to clever!!! I also love your crescent moon from the stitched circle-another clever move!! You are too smart lady! lol Cute, cute card!! Hugs, Brenda

Shar said...

Very pretty fall card! Well done. :) Thanks for joining the MCT color challenge.

Cindy Beland said...

Your fall card looks FANTASTIC, LOVE your pumpkins! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

Blue6366 said...

oooooohhhhhh, I'm really loving this one. Great choice of papers/colors for this challenge!!!

girlia said...

cute