Thursday, September 19, 2013

My Creative Time Birthday Challenge


Today I have a FUN birthday card to share.  My bright, cheery papers are all from the DCWV 6x6 paper pad called The Birthday Wishes stack.  These papers have a little bit of a glossy sheen to them and need Staz-On ink so the stamping won't smear.  I decided to make a long card to accommodate my banner across the top.  I used the following My Creative Time sets to make this:
  • Stitched Party Dies-for the balloons and banner
  • Stitched Mini Frame-for the frame
  • Chocolate Greetings Die and Stamp Set-for the long banners
  • It's All About You stamp set
My base card measures 3x6", yellow layer 2.75x5.75', and blue layer is 2.5x5.5".  After assembling the base of the card I cut two of the banners from the Stitched Party Die.  I wanted room between the two banners to add my mini frame and sentiment.  My sentiment was heat embossed with WOW Pink Bubble Gum embossing powder.  Next I cut two long banners from the Chocolate Greetings set and stamped the sentiments on them with Staz-On ink and added them to the banner across the top.  I pop dotted the sentiment in the mini frame.  To add to the birthday theme even more I cut some balloons from the Stitched Party Dies and arranged them on the left side of the mini frame sentiment using some pop dots for a bit of layering.  I added one more of the little ribbons from the Stitched Party Dies at the base of the balloons to finish off the project.  This card fits perfectly in a business size envelope. 

I'll be putting this card into my stash of birthday cards for friends.  We are just days away from heading back to Florida for the winter months.  We have lots of friends down there that have birthdays through the winter and it seems I'm always in need of cards down there.  So proud of myself for getting a head start.  Perfect timing, too, to add my card to the Designer's Challenge over at My Creative Time for their birthday theme.  Now it's time for me to pack up my supplies for transport back to Florida.  I'm so going to be having crafting withdrawals.  My supplies are always the last thing I pack so I can use them right up to the day before we leave.  I'm not looking forward to the long drive from Michigan, but I can't wait to get back to our little place and some warmer weather.  Fall has definitely arrived in Northern Michigan.

5 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh how cute! Love how you used all of Emma's dies!! Thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Times Designer challenge! Hugs, Leanne

Cassandra said...

Great job! Love Love Love the balloons!! Thank you for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Cindy Beland said...

SUPER job with the new dies, your birthday card is FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for joining us at My Creative Time/Designer Challenge!!!:)

Brenda said...

What a fun and cheery birthday card Jeri!!! I love my banner and balloons from Emma! You have made such a cute card with them, I just may have to lift this idea! lol I also love this size card! They are so fun to make!! Hugs!!

Gaylynn said...

What a great bday design with the fun banner. Love the die cuts in there. :)