Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Cutting Cafe Acorn Shaped Card

Fall is definitely in the air here in northern Michigan. It's time to head to Florida to our winter home,  In fact, as you're reading this we are on the road traveling.  It was really nice to see some fall color before leaving Michigan.  We missed it last year, but the weather this year was much cooler so the trees started to change color early. 

Today I'm sharing an Acorn Shaped Card for my weekly Cutting Café project.  I found an old autumn paper stack from Recollections when I was packing up my supplies to head to Florida.  When I saw this cute fall print I thought it was perfect for my card.  I cut my shaped card base using the SVG file and my Silhouette.  I added a top layer of the blue print and made the top of the acorn from Bo Bunny Double Dot.  I added some machine stitching to this layer.  Next I fussy cut a tree/leaf and a squirrel from the patterned paper to embellish the acorn top.  My sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe's Welcome Fall printable stamp set.  A small rust colored button with a little spiral of blue wire running through it completed this card.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're enjoying the blessings of Autumn wherever you are.

5 comments:

Migdalia said...

This is ADORABLE!!
Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

Regina Easter said...

jeri, this is sooooooooooooo cute, i love the different colors you used for this acorn...so cute

Audrey L. said...

Love the colors and the cute paper!

Julie Odil said...

Great paper choices! Love all the details. Stay safe on your travels.

Brenda said...

OMGosh Jeri this is just an adorable fall card!! I love that paper you used and I love that fussy cut squirrel! lol I also love that you did some sewing on it! Glad that you got to see some fall colors before leaving. Fall came early this year for sure!! Hugs my friend!