Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Cutting Cafe Overalls Shaped Card



Snips and snails
and puppy dog tails
That's what little
boys are made of.
 
Were celebrating little boys (or maybe bigger boys) this week at The Cutting Café Blog.  Regina asked the DT to create a project for boys using the Overalls Shaped Card (my choice), the All About Boys printable stamp set (my sentiment), or the Funny Car Treat Box.  I just love the cute little Overall Shaped card and have used it before for both boy and girl cards.  I cut the base card from white cardstock and topped it with a denim looking paper from the Graphic 45 French Country paper stack.  All of my trim pieces were cut from another paper from that stack, the red gingham.  I remember when my son was young he would often follow his daddy around working on projects around the house with his little plastic tools in his pockets.  That's where I got the inspiration for my card.  I added a hammer and a screwdriver to the pockets that I cut from a Silhouette file.  After I assembled the card I printed out the sentiment onto a circle and attached it, with a little dimensional foam, to the front of the card.  The star on the front of the bib pocket is also part of the file's accessories.


7 comments:

Regina Easter said...

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE...i love love love it

Brenda said...

OMGoodness Jeri, this shaped card is just too cute!!! How many boys followed around their dad with their play tools in their pocket? Lots! lol So cute and really brings back some memories of my guys! Hugs!

Melissa said...

Super cute Jeri!

Sandi said...

adorable shape card, love all the tools in the pockets, hugs

Scrappy Boy said...

SOOO DARN CUTE!!!!

Julie Odil said...

So cute! Love the tools in the pockets!

bumblebee creations said...

this is absolutely adorable!! I love it! Heehee---Thanks of the offer of bringing back one of the little lizards from FL--but I think I 'll pass!! Have a great winter though!