Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Paper Sweeties June 2016 Sneak Peek


Welcome to the first day of projects celebrating this month's Paper Sweeties release I Love Summer. My inspiration for this card comes from the view I see every evening of the setting sun here in Florida. When I saw this sentiment in the new set I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my card-create a sunset. I cut a white cardstock panel and taped off a section to do my sunset inking. I used Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Carved Pumpkin. To make the little island for my palm trees I used a circle stencil and Black Soot ink. To get my palm trees I did a little "mirror" stamping. You stamp your image on the backside of another solid stamp and then stamp this image onto your paper, making it face the opposite direction. I removed my masking tape and added a piece of narrow washi at the top and the sentiment underneath then mounted the panel on an A2 black cardstock base. There's a list below of our other Designers so you can check out their Sneak Peek projects. Come back tomorrow as we celebrate Release Day with another project.

 Beth Luetschwager ---> WELCOME TO THE TEAM!
Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties
Jeri Thomas 
Jinny Newlin - *June Guest Designer* 

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooh! So pretty! What a beautiful sunset!

Debbie said...

Pretty sunset scene, Jeri ... I'll have to try the mirror image stamping technique!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Jeri, this is terrific! I love this idea! Those palm trees are perfect!
Take care!
Michele

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful!

Maria said...

Very pretty tropical island scene, Jeri! Love the gorgeous sunset!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just love that little silhouette scene! Wish I was there right now ;).

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful card!!! I am so envious!!!