WOW, June, how did that happen? I must admit, I've lost all sense of time. Hubby and I have been on the road for almost a month traveling around the country on our annual pilgrimage to see our children. We're at the tail end of the trip now. Home sweet home is on the horizon, none too soon for me. I miss our kids and grandkids terribly, but this traveling is getting harder and harder as we get older and older. It's been a joyous trip, though, as we've seen a daughter marry and met our eleventh grandchild for the first time. I surely can't complain how happy and proud we are of all of them.
Anyway, on to what you're really here for. It's time for a new Inspiration Challenge at Paper Sweeties. Here is this month's inspiration photo.
I just fell in love with the little ties on the cupcake and knew I wanted to use the little tie from last month's release Best Dad. Originally, I was going to make some cupcakes for the front of the card, but I created this while I'm on the road and brought very limited supplies with me. (If it was up to hubby, I wouldn't have any supplies with me. But, I need something to occupy me for the down time). I would have brought my Paper Sweeties Sending Sweet Thoughts stamp and die sets, if I'd thought of it, for the sweet little cupcake image. I did have the forethought to stamp the little ties before I left. Working with what I had with me I was able to cut four circles to add my shirt collars and ties to. I stamped the tie from best dad four times and fussy cut them. I also fussy cut the collars using small strips of white cardstock. I added a little hand doodling to each tie with a white gel pen. Once again, I was disappointed to realize I left my Best Dad stamp set at home so I couldn't stamp my sentiment from it. Instead you have a little sneak at a sentiment coming out in just a couple weeks in the June release that I know you're going to love. Thanks so much for stopping by. Here is the list of Paper Sweeties Designers so you can find more inspiration using this month's photo inspiration.


7 comments:
Great take on the challenge photo! I love your great design!
Take Care!
Michele
So cute! And all while on the road?!?! You are awesome!
Love love love this! LOVING those ties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Super CUTE card with the ties!!! You've had quite the travels and making cards, too...wow! Sounds like you had a great time seeing all your children and seeing your daughter married...how awesome! Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law!!!
Oh, I just love how you've mimicked the grid pattern of the cupcakes, and those ties are perfect! Happy travels, love!
So clever and cute, Jeri!!
What an adorable card!!!!
Post a Comment