Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Cutting Cafe Celebrates America



Hello Friends! We're coming up on one of my favorite holidays, 4th of July. I love the celebration of our Independence. The picnics, parades and fireworks. This year hubby and I will be celebrating in the community with our friends and neighbors. This will be the first time we get to be a part of the community events. Usually we are up north with family, but we went earlier because our daughter got married. We are back home in Florida now and we sure did enjoy our time with family.  We were blessed to see all five of our children (though not in one place), ten of our eleven grandchildren and our one great granddaughter.

This week at The Cutting Cafe the Design Team is celebrating America with 4th of July projects. For my patriotic card I used the printable files Independence Day Background Set (background star paper) and the 4th of July Printable One set (the sentiment rectangle). My very favorite thing about Regina's Cutting Cafe printable files is how easy they make putting a quick card together. This was so easy to put together. I started with a white card stock A2 size card and added a red white and blue star printed paper. Next I printed up the red, blue and teal star background paper and trimmed it for my card front with a stitched rectangle die. Then I printed the sentiment piece and added leftover stars that I trimmed from the background paper. I added a piece of red, white and blue hemp to the star panel then topped it with the sentiment that had foam tape on the back to add a little dimension. That's it quick, easy and fabulous, if I might say so myself! I know you'll want to head to the Cutting Cafe Blog on Tuesday, June 21st to see more amazing projects from the Design Team and lots of ways to celebrate America's patriotic holiday.

4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

hey lady, what would i do without you...i love this card....simply perfect...hugs

Curko said...

What a great card! Perfect for the occasion :0)

sandmar15 said...

Love it Beautiful

Tina Goodwin said...

Love this card!