Hello Crafty Friends-It's time for this month's Paper Sweeties Planner Series post. This month's Planner Series Stamp Set is called Summer Sentiments. Combine this set with last month's Planner Series release Vacation and you've got the season covered. I don't always go to such lengths with my weekly planner spreads, but I couldn't resist making a playful beach scene with some of the darling images from these sets. I used several different Paper Sweeties stamps and Sweet Cuts to decorate my page and they are linked at the bottom of this post. I started by making some beach sand using the ground die from The Tree of Life. Then I needed some water waves so I used the Sweet Borders scallop and added some whitecaps to the waves with the Sweet Borders curly die. The next step was making all the little elements for the scene. I cut and Copic colored all the pieces. I used the Vacation set for the boats, anchor and life preserver. The starfish are made with the star from the Happy Icons set. The sandcastle and pail are made from the grocery cart in the Checklist set and I added a handle to the pail with a tiny piece from the curly border. The cute little kiddos from the Checklist set were the perfect size for my scene. I stamped their little signs with the words "Beach Fun" from the new release. Then, my favorite little element from the whole scene, the snorkel mask that I cut and put on the little boy. I cut the center from the goggles and added new eyes to the little guy with a black gel pen. Finally, I added all the cute elements to the beach and water. I love how this turned out and I hope you do, too. If you aren't a planner, you could use the stamps on a card or even on a scrapbook layout. I know you'll want to see what the rest of the Planner Team did with the new stamp set so I've added a linked list below. Make sure to come back tomorrow as I'll have a sneak peek of this month's Paper Sweeties regular release set.
Monday, June 13, 2016
Paper Sweeties Planner Series June Release``
Hello Crafty Friends-It's time for this month's Paper Sweeties Planner Series post. This month's Planner Series Stamp Set is called Summer Sentiments. Combine this set with last month's Planner Series release Vacation and you've got the season covered. I don't always go to such lengths with my weekly planner spreads, but I couldn't resist making a playful beach scene with some of the darling images from these sets. I used several different Paper Sweeties stamps and Sweet Cuts to decorate my page and they are linked at the bottom of this post. I started by making some beach sand using the ground die from The Tree of Life. Then I needed some water waves so I used the Sweet Borders scallop and added some whitecaps to the waves with the Sweet Borders curly die. The next step was making all the little elements for the scene. I cut and Copic colored all the pieces. I used the Vacation set for the boats, anchor and life preserver. The starfish are made with the star from the Happy Icons set. The sandcastle and pail are made from the grocery cart in the Checklist set and I added a handle to the pail with a tiny piece from the curly border. The cute little kiddos from the Checklist set were the perfect size for my scene. I stamped their little signs with the words "Beach Fun" from the new release. Then, my favorite little element from the whole scene, the snorkel mask that I cut and put on the little boy. I cut the center from the goggles and added new eyes to the little guy with a black gel pen. Finally, I added all the cute elements to the beach and water. I love how this turned out and I hope you do, too. If you aren't a planner, you could use the stamps on a card or even on a scrapbook layout. I know you'll want to see what the rest of the Planner Team did with the new stamp set so I've added a linked list below. Make sure to come back tomorrow as I'll have a sneak peek of this month's Paper Sweeties regular release set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, my! Your planner pages are too FUN! Just LOVE the nautical scene along the bottom of the pages...super CUTE!!!
Awesome! I decided if I want to be better about actually using my planner I better start checking out what you ladies are doing each month.. LOVE the little scene at the bottom of yours... what a great idea!
Post a Comment