

This week there were a lot of challenge sites looking for patriotic cards. I missed most of the deadlines, oops. The ABC Challenge letter this week was U and that seemed like the perfect way to use my new Cricut cartridge, Stand and Salute. I highly recommend this cartridge. My main use for this cartridge will be to do my son's Marine scrapbook album. But I can see lots of other uses for it. I like that it has a ribbon on it that can be used for so many causes. For me, it will be a pink ribbon for breast cancer, as I am working at this moment to become a survivor. Onto this card. The supplies I used:- White and Blue cardstock from DCWV
- Red patterned paper from Scrapbook Wizard Paper
- Martha Stewart glitter pens in red and blue
- Buttons from my stash
- Red floss
- Star rhinestones from Me and My Big Ideas
- Cricut-Stand and Salute cartridge
I cut the United We Stand phrase from the Stand and Salute cartridge at 4" and used the frame feature. I placed that on the front of my white cardstock. Then I cut the flag from the cartridge at 1 3/4" in red and blue, using just the corner of the blue and gluing it onto the red. I outlined the blue square with the blue glitter pen but it doesn't show up very well in the photo. I cut two blue fireworks at 2" and used the glitter pen on them too, which shows up a little in the photo. It looks way better in person. I ran the red floss through the buttons and attached them to the firework pieces and put one in each corner of the card. I cut the two stars at 1" and put them on each side of the phrase. A little glitter pen on them and a star rhinestone in the middle to finish them off. I will be using this card as part of a centerpiece on my table for the 4th of July.
6 comments:
Jeri: this is gorgeous. thank you for joining in the squigglefly bloghop. be sure to check my blog tomorrow where my prize winner will be announced.
i'm liking what i see here and i'm becoming a follower. hey, i know good stuff when i see it.
hugs,
Fab card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x
Hi Jeri,
I love my cricut and very rarely make a card without using it. Your blog is an inspiration!
I love this card, its just perfect for 4th July.
Thanks for joining in at the ABC challenge this week, have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Jen x
wonderful!
thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)
Hugs Jane x
Fun card...love the "fireworks"! Thanks for joining the red white and blue challenge this week at 3CTC!
Fabulous card and a great take on the theme.
Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge this time.
Cathy xx
Post a Comment