

For this week's Bitten by the Bug challenge you were asked to use the house from the Cricut Wild Card cartridge (this is one of my favorite cartridges and I use it a lot). For inspiration I used the sketch from Sketch and Stash for this week and I used ribbon on this card (as with most of my cards) for the Creative Card Crew Tuesday challenge. The supplies I used to make this card:
- Beige, Brown, Green cardstock
- Print paper from the DCWV Green Stack
- Cricut-Wild Card Cartridge, New Arrival cartridge
- Brown polka dot ribbon
- Bazzill brown flower
- Brad (don't know where it's from other than my stash
- Rhinestone flowers from my stash
- Color Box chalk ink in Chestnut roan and Lime pastel
I cut the base card from the Cricut New arrival cartridge at 5 1/2". The house is actually cut out as a card but I just used the front. I cut the house from the Wild Card cartridge in beige at 4". Then I cut the house in green at 4 1/2" for the shadow. I did cut off the chimney to give the roof a cleaner look. To complete the house I cut the door (at 1 1/2"), the circular window and roof were cut with the liner function key on and cut out of dark brown at 4". I inked the edge of the beige house section with brown to make it stand out then inked the edge of the green shadow paper and mounted it onto a rectangle of dark brown. A lot of textured cardstock has a white core which is noticeable after you cut it. I'm not particularly fond of seeing that white edge so I almost always ink the edges with ink about the same color as the paper. I love the DCWV Green Stack (made from 70% recycled paper) which I just purchased because I feel like I'm helping the environment when I use it. The print paper is cut 2 1/2" x 4" and placed on the base card behind the house. I wrapped the polka dot ribbon around this piece before placing it onto the card. I added a flower with a brad on top of the ribbon. For a little bling I added the green rhinestone flowers on two corners (though they do look green in the picture). I decided to make use of the fact that the door opened on the house to stamp a sentiment (Just for You). For the inside of the card I used my computer to print out "Congratulations and much Happiness in Your New Home" onto beige paper and backed it with dark brown before putting it on the inside of the card. I will be sending this card to my daughter and son-in-law who just moved into their first house purchased as a couple last weekend.


6 comments:
this is fabulous. i love the way the door opens. just fabulous.
hugs,
What a great card Jeri, I love the little opening door!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx
Fab card Jeri - it's sure to welcome anyone to their new home. Love the tree paper and the ribbon treatment. Thanks for joining the CCC Challenge.
Sharon xx
awesome take on the house cut...hugs
So cute! What a creative way to use the cut. Love the envie too. Thanks for playing along with BBTB. Hope to see you in weeks to come. xxD
fantastic new home card, thanks for joining in the fun at sketch and stash hugs Jill xx
Post a Comment