Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dutch Dare Challenge

I've seen so many cards made with cupcakes but I've never made one myself. When I saw the Dutch Dare sketch this week it was the first image that came to mind, so I thought I would do my first cupcake card. The supplies I used for this card:

  • White and green cardstock
  • White vellum
  • Blue and green print paper-DCWV Summer Stack
  • Green and white print papers-Current (been in my stash for a long time)
  • Cricut-Doodlecharms cartridge, Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
  • Sentiment-Digital stamp from The Cutting Cafe
  • Green and blue rhinestones-Me and My Big Ideas
  • Blue flowers-Bazzill
  • Green polka dot brad
  • Stickles

This card is a 5 x 5" square. I topped the card with half print and half green cardstock. I used a digital stamp from The Cutting Cafe (http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com) that says "A Life Filled with CUPCAKES is a Good Life". It is part of the Sweet Things collection. I cut a 4" circle with my Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. I printed out the stamp on a scrap sheet of paper then took my circle and taped it on the scrap piece directly over the printed image and ran it through my printer again. Then I took the circle and placed it under the blue printed paper and on top of the green cardstock. I cut a 3" circle from green cardstock and put it on top of the half circle sentiment image. I cut my cupcake from the Doodlecharms cartridge at 2" with real dial size on using a green stripe and a coordinating green and white print. I cut the cupcake out of white vellum and placed it over the stripe to make it look more like a cupcake pan liner you would use for baking cupcakes. I used some Stickle on the edges of the cupcake top and placed a few rhinestones on for bling then used foam squares to pop it off the cupcake bottom. I added a few more rhinestones onto the print paper and finished the card off with a few flowers with rhinestone centers and a small piece of ribbon with a green polka dot brad. Looking at this cupcake card makes me really hungry for a real one...chocolate with vanilla frosting and sprinkles on top. In my dreams for now.

2 comments:

Stef H said...

oh this is ever so yummy!

hugs,

Regina Easter said...

oh wow, how adorable is this...love it...can i put in the cafe gallery? hugs