

Some of you may know from reading my blog that my husband retired this year after 25 years on the police force. As a present for ourselves we bought our "traveling retirement home" (a brand new luxurious 5th wheel). We have been vacationing with it on the shore of Lake Huron in Northern Michigan and are having a super time. This is most definitely my favorite thing to do (for the Papertake weekly challenge). I thought I should make a card with the colors of the sand and water because it is so beautiful to me. I also wanted to use my new Cricut cartridge-Life is a Beach. This is a great cartridge. I bought it because it has a lot of Hawaiian things on it. I wanted to use it to scrapbook our trip to Hawaii last year for our daughter's wedding (on the beach) and to see our son (who is a Marine stationed there). We spent a glorious month, again on the beaches with the beautiful sand and water. I used the Mojo Monday week 94 sketch for this card. Other than the images and sentiment from the new Cricut cartridge everything else on the card are scraps from my stash. The title words and lighthouse image are cut at 2 1/2" and the seashell charm is cut at 1 1/2". I inked the edges of everything with Colorbox chalk ink in Creamy Brown. For embellishments I only added a little bit of lace and a pearl on the charm.
2 comments:
oh jeri is this beautiful. and congrats to the happy retirment. hubby & i are retired and he would love to by an rv and travel, but don't think that's gonna happen. but i sure love my craft room!
hugs,
Beautiful colors, beautiful Cricut images, beautiful card Enjoy your retirement time by the lake ~ Life is good!
Post a Comment