I was so very excited last week when I won two free Squigglefly images from doing their blog hop. I just had to use one of them to make a card for this week's challenge. The challenge was to use just one image that you could color and one embellishment. How hard is that? Just one embellishment!For this card I used my Cricut Wild Card cartridge with one of my favorite cuts, the scalloped circle card. The supplies I used were very basic:
- White Cardstock
- Flower printed ribbon (for my embellishment) from Offray
- Squigglefly Image-Fairy Pretty Garden
- Cricut-Wild Card cartridge
Since this was my first attempt at using a Squigglefly image I wasn't quite sure what I was doing as far as sizing the image. My only previous experience was using digital stamps from The Cutting Cafe (http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/ (which I absolutely love and highly recommend). The images (sentiments) I've gotten from there are pretty simple and easy to use. I was quite proud of myself for figuring out how to get this fairy image printed onto this card on the front and facing the right direction (because I am totally not a computer wizard). There were probably directions on how to do this on the Squigglefly website, but I'm vacationing in my 5th wheel without internet access unless I go to the local library or an internet cafe. Luckily, there are both within walking distance for when I want to post on my blog. I cut the card from the Cricut Wild Card cartridge at 4". Then to get the image onto the card I opened the file that I had downloaded, saved and extracted to My Documents. I used the 4 x 6 image. I clicked the icon that looks like a drawing with a pencil at the bottom of the window under the image. It says (when you scroll over it) "closes this program and opens the image for editing". When the file opened in that window I was able to rotate it so it was upside down on the screen. (By doing this it made the image be right side up when I folded the card at the top). Then I went to my print preferences, clicked on Effect and sized it down to 50%. I printed it out on a scrap piece of paper first and found that it was just the right size for the front of my card. I took the cut card and centered the front of it on the scrap piece of paper exactly over the printed image and taped it to the paper. Then I ran it through my printer and low and behold the image printed exactly where I wanted it in just the right direction, first time. My next problem was what to do with the image now that I had it on my card. I'm not fortunate enough to have any of those Copic markers that I see everyone talking about on their blogs. It is my next big purchase I make. If I was at home I would already have them. Being in a campground makes it difficult to purchase things online and have them delivered. But when I get back home... So I had to make do with the few markers and glitter pens I have. The Cricut cuts the openings in the card that I wove my ribbon through, to make the most of my one embellishment.
4 comments:
Jeri, this is WONDERFUL! I love how you threaded the ribbon around the card. It's really a great wow factor and the perfect embellishment when you can only use one. Be sure to enter your card in the challenge so everyone can see it!
Your coloring is fabulous too!
oh jeri! i'm soooo glad you won! this is like awesome and beautiful and stunning and even gorgeous! way to go!
hugs,
Woohoo, congrats on winning during the blog hop, it was such fun wasn't it?!
You have done a lovely job with your winnings!
This is a beautiful circle card and fairy...pretty ribbon too!
Blessings, Maria
Congrats on winning the images at the blog hop!
You have done a great job with this one. I love the circle card, very pretty.
Thanks for joining in with the challenge this week.
Lora x
Post a Comment