Thursday, July 30, 2009

BBTB-MojoMonday sketch-Little Yellow challenges


When I saw the challenge this week for BBTB using the Going Places cartridge I wasn’t sure I could come up with a reasonable design for restroom looking people. After thinking on it for a couple days I decided to make an anniversary card for my husband. We have been married for 36 years and this past year has been a challenging one. He has been such a support for me through the whole breast cancer journey. Then when he decided to retire this year, at his retirement party he spoke about how he never could have had a successful career as a police officer without my support. It made me realize how much we’ve been through together. For the sentiment on the outside of my card I chose the word Together and printed it in black with a gray shadow. The inside of the card says …we can do anything. I used the Mojo Monday sketch #97 and added the pearls on the buttons and the black lacy paper for The Little Yellow challenge. The supplies I used for this card:

Black and white cardstock
Black, white and gray striped paper
Black and white lacy print
Cricut-Going Places cartridge, Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
Black Buttons
Pearls
Black and white ribbon

Since I wanted a more masculine look for this card I used black and white papers. My couple cut from the Cricut Going Places cartridge is 2 ¾”. It sits on top of a Plantin Schoolbook circle cut at 3 ½” shadowed with a black circle. Where the stripe and lacy papers come together I added a narrow ribbon and embellished with just two black buttons topped with pearls.


2 comments:

Regina Easter said...

wow, what an awesome layout....love the colors

DonnaMundinger said...

Lovely card and story behind it Jeri! Really beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Bitten By The Bug. xxD