Monday, July 27, 2009

One Stop Challenge/Card Patterns #25Belli Blog



I thought I should jump on the bandwagon with this card. I’ve seen a lot of Christmas in July challenges this month. Who wants to think about Christmas when you’re trying to enjoy summer? Here in upper Michigan you would hardly know it’s summer. This has been the coldest summer in years. Me—I’m not complaining. I don’t do heat very well so I think temps in the mid to upper 70’s are perfect. This week the One Stop Challenge site is doing the Christmas in July theme so I went with it. This card also qualifies for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge (three buttons, two designer papers and one ribbon). The card has a faux metal tag on it for the Belli Blog challenge and I used the Card Patterns blog sketch #25. The supplies I used for this card:

Light Green, dark green, beige and gold cardstock
Green and red patterned paper-K&Company
Green sheer ribbon
Cricut-Joys of the Season, Wild Card, and Tags, Bags and Boxes cartridges
Red star buttons
Color Box chalk ink-Warm Red

This is a standard A2 card. My paper edges are all inked with Warm Red. I used my Cricut Wild Card cartridge to cut the red scallop edged paper with the liner function key on. I had to cut two pieces down to size and put them together to get the look I was going for. I added the green ribbon to hide the seam. The green patterned paper is cut
4 x 2”. My holly came from the Cricut Joys of the Season cartridge. The gold tag came from the Cricut Tags, Bags and Boxes cartridge. I just used my computer to print the Merry Christmas onto the beige paper in red. The only embellishment I added were the three star buttons.

5 comments:

suzARTe said...

really pretty card. Like how you have put christmas embellishments on the sides of the metal tag.

whoistracy said...

Well isn't this sweet! I love that strip of holly you added and the non-traditional color combo. Great way to start on those holiday cards.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Very nice Christmas card, and great way to incorporate the metal tag! Thanks for playing with us on the Belli Challenge!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Your faux matal tag is wonderful on the Christmas card! Join us again in the Belli Challenge!!

Dani said...

Wonderful job, love the faux metal! Thanks for joining the Belli Challenge!