


I’m not sure how I missed noticing, until this morning, there was a contest going on at Bitten By the Bug. I hope I’m not too late, if so, I have another cute card in my stash. The challenge is a summer themed card with yellow buttons. I knew that I would use two things when I started this card—The Cutting Café’s new Summer words set and my new Cricut cartridge Life is a Beach. One of my favorite things about summer is being able to wear flip flops. They just make my toes so happy, so I decided I would use flip flops on a card. I used a card sketch from Stamps & Smiles for this card. The supplies I used:
- White and Brown (craft paper looking) cardstock
- Yellow polka dot paper
- Blue flip flop paper-Me and My Big Ideas
- White flowers
- Yellow buttons
- Orange rhinestones
- Fun in the Sun orange ribbon (Target's $1 bin)
- Cricut-Life is a Beach cartridge, Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
- Color Box chalk ink, orange
- Sentiment-The Cutting Cafe-Summer word
This card is 4 x 8 ½”. I used yellow polka dot paper on top of my card base with a strip of flip flop paper cut 1 x 8 1/2”. I used my Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut three 2 ¼” circles. I inked the edges of each circle with orange. I cut the flip flops from brown cardstock (this paper made the flip flops look like they were made of cork) at 1 ¾” and used the yellow polka dot for the straps. I put yellow buttons on the flip flops to embellish them and meet the criteria for the contest. I mounted them on the white circle with foam to pop them. I printed my sentiment on the third white circle using the 2” Summer word set from The Cutting Café (http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/). I embellished with the fun in the sun orange ribbon and white flowers with orange rhinestone centers.
4 comments:
i don't wear flip flops but if i did i would love something like these! this is fabulous.
hugs,
So cute, I just love the litte button on the flip flops!
how adorably cute is this...love those flip flops
What a totally adorable take on the SAS sketch Jeri! It's gorgeous. So summery.
Thanks for playing along with us at SAS.
Viv xx
Post a Comment