Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stampin' for the Weekend, DareU2Digistamp, Cute Card Thursday







It's hard to believe the 4th of July weekend has come and gone. It doesn't seem possible that school has been out for over three weeks already. I guess that's because I spent most of the time sick. It was nice to be back at the campground in our 5th wheel even though I'm not completely recovered. I still have fluid in my ears and can't hear anything out of my right ear. I was encouraged yesterday when it started making crackling noises, but nothing today.
I met three challenges with this card-Stampin' for the Weekend, Dare U 2 Digistamp, and Cute Card Thursday. I started this card with the sketch from Stampin' for the Weekend. The image is from the Cricut New Arrival cartridge and the sentiment is a digital stamp from The Cutting Cafe. The supplies I used for this card:
  • White, beige cardstock
  • Print paper from DCWV Nana's Nursery
  • Digi stamp from The Cutting Cafe's baby collection
  • Cricut-New Arrival cartridge, Mini monograms cartridge
  • Cuttlebug-Swiss Dots embossing folder
  • Flowers from Bazzill
  • Colorbox chalk ink-Rose Coral

My base card was cut from New Arrival at 5 1/2". I cut a triangle from print paper and placed it on top of the base card. Then I cut a 3 x 5" rectangle and rounded the two outside corners to match the contour of the card. I cut a scalloped circle from Mini Monograms at 3 1/2" and put the cute dress I cut at 2 1/2" from the New Arrival cartridge after I embossed it with my Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder. I inked the edges of the dress with the Rose Coral ink. Before printing the sentiment I reduced it to 70%. I placed it on top of the polka dot print paper after inking the edge. To finish the card off I added the faux stitching and the flowers. The embossing on the dress is for the dareu2digistamp challenge and the faux stitching is for the Cute Card Thursday challenge.



9 comments:

Stef H said...

oooooooo jeri! this is beautiful. i love the colors and those flowers and the frame. oh heck, the whole thing is super!

hugs,

Nicola said...

Such a sweet card Jeri and your bugged romper suit is so effective against the dotty scallop and your sentiment is perfect.
Thank you for playing along with "Stampin´for the Weekend" and we hope you continue to play along with us.
Nicola -x-

Pop's Cards said...

Hi Jeri this is really cute, love the little baby suit so cute, your colours are perfect and i do love the little tie through your buttns perfect...

Thanks for joining us at SFTW, good luck hugs Pops x x

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card, Jeri! I love the embossed baby suit and the papers you have used. The sentiment is just perfect for your card and the flowers are gorgeous. I hope you're feeling much better, now. :)

Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! We hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Donna said...

Lovely card Jeri, the pinks and greens look lovely together, and the wee baby outfit looks fab. You've done a lovely job using Kimmi's sketch.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a wonderful day.
Donna xx

crafty amy said...

This is such a sweet card I love the embossing it give such a nice bit of texture and those buttons are adorable.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Kimmi said...

How sweet is this card. I love your take on my sketch! I love the baby outfit, and the embossing really makes it stand out! I really like your flowers and you choice of colours is great!

Thank you for playing along this week at "Stampin' for the Weekend". We hope you had fun and that you come back again next week! Good Luck.

Kimmi

Michelle said...

Lovely card Jeri, like how you have made those cute little clothes.
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS this week.
x Michelle

Vicki said...

Hi Jeri

Oh this is such a cute baby card, the embossed outfit is adorable. Such pretty papers and the flowers add a lovely finishing touch. Thank you for playing along with this weeks challenge over at SFTW, your take on Kimmi's sketch is wonderful, good luck xx vicki xx