




Wow, these Mondays really roll around fast and it's time for a new BBTB2 challenge. Here's another cut I would never have used if our wonderful design team member Heather Bares hadn't picked it for our challenge this week. When I first looked at the cut on the Forever Young cartridge I thought, what am I going to do with this dress form. I had to think outside the box and my comfort zone for this. I figured since I was using such a unique image I would make a unique card also. I don't really know what this exact card design is called or where I first saw it but I wrote the directions down. All my DP is from Heidi Grace and it's double-sided. This card is made using a 5 1/4 x 12" piece of cardstock. It is scored at 2", 4", 8", and 10". At the 2" and 10" score marks you measure in 1 1/4" (from the long side) and cut a slit across the paper. Then it's just a matter of folding it. I hope you can see how it's folded from my pictures. The dress form is cut at 4 1/4" from brown cardstock, shadowed with green and the "shift" cut is done in pink. I thought it would be fun to fancy up the dress form so I added a piece of pink tulle, a little piece of rick rack at the waist and a pearl. The style tag is also cut from the Forever Young cartridge and can be found on page 29.
14 comments:
Jeri, I really like the way you created our challenge of the week. The tri-shutter card design is wonderful to begin with, so much more than just fold it over and create kinda card, and the colors just blend together beautifully. Love it..
Hugs
Carole
Thank you so much for your exact "recipe" for creating this unique card form! Love it!
These Mondays do roll around fast...I love your card...you papers are great... beautiful layout... wonderful job.
hugs
Jeannie
Hi Jeri,
I love this card! I like that you used the tri-fold card and papers you used were so cute! The added tulle & pearl to the dress from was perfect. I love that dress form cut, I use it a lot.
Ruthie :)
Jeri your card is gorgeous and thanks for the great instructions I've yet to try one of these! I love the pastel colours and patterns and of course the tulle and the beautiful pearl
Hugs
Juliexx
This card is beautiful . I love it:)
Great take on the challenge...I love the tulle...Can't wait to try this card sometime :)
Hugs
Marina
Jeri, great take on this, beautiful step card, papers are perfect and the toile is wonderful. Hugs
Jeri, what a beautiful card. I love the dimension of the card and the papers you chose and love the skirt on the dress form.
Very cute card, lovely papers :)
Jeri I too love these cards! Such pretty paper and the colors are great. I love the tulle you used for the little skirt, what a great idea I may have to try this, so cute!
((Hugs)) Theresa
I love this card! The tulle (did I spell that right?) is PERFECT!
WOW! I love this card!! Thank you so much for the scoring instructions. I really want to make one.
I just made this card based on your instructions. It is so cool! I used your exact dimensions. The very back of the card where you have the diamond paper and then the last blue paper w/ vines is exactly the right size to fit a Sonic gift card! I didn't think about putting that gift card there until I had already cut my other papers. On the next card I make, I am going to do a cherry and lime theme to match the gift card!!!! Thank you!!!
Post a Comment