Monday, May 3, 2010

BBTB2 Life's A Beach Leaf 1


Mahalo in Hawaiian means thank you. This is a card I made to send my son and daughter-in-law for graciously hosting us during our recent trip to Hawaii. We had a marvelous time and the weather was fantastic. It was so nice to be away from the cool weather in Michigan. I'm tellin' ya, retirement is the most wonderful thing. Last year when my husband and I retired we bought a brand new fifth wheel as our retirement present to ourselves. Designing cards is the perfect on the road hobby, as long as I can take my Cricut and supplies with me. LOL For our BBTB2 challenge this week we had to use the Leaf 1 cut from the Life's A Beach cartridge. This was the perfect cartridge for me to make this thank you card. I used a standard A2 card cut from kraft cardstock. I cut my leaf from shimmery green cardstock at 2" twice, so I could layer it with pop dots. I outlined my top leaf with my Sakura 3-D gel pen. My letters were cut at 1". I just love the bamboo look of the lettering on this cartridge. It reminds me of all the bamboo growing outside the window of a bed and breakfast we stayed at on the "big island" of Hawaii, right in the middle of a rain forest. It was unbelievable. For my background on this card I used a Tropical Elements self-stick journaling tag from Reminisce that I found in a wonderful scrapbook store in Hilo, Hawaii called Island Scrapbooking. Whenever we travel I look for a scrapbook store to pick up local papers and diecuts. I used Stickles to highlight the center of the flowers on the tag and added a shimmery green ribbon.

12 comments:

GiuliaG. said...

What a perfect card for your son and DIL. I love everything about it.

DonnaMundinger said...

When I saw this challenge I immediately thought of you and your great trip! What a perfect thank you card. xxD

~JulieH~ said...

Gorgeous card Jeri perfect for a thank you to your son andDIL. I love the journalling paper and the highlights on the flowers
Juliexx

Creative Momma said...

This was such a perfect challenge for your trip...I love your take...it is so relaxing :)
Hugs
Marina

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Jeri! Love the black outline on the leaf!

Carole Beath said...

Love your card, Jeri...and what a grand trip you enjoyed.
Hugs
Carole

Enfys said...

great card Jeri, and your trip sounds fantastic, I would love to go there.
hugs
En xx

Jeannie Phillips said...

This card is simply perfect...wonderful job
Hugs
Jeannie

A Little Time said...

So that's what "mahalo" means. I always hear Iz saying it on his live cds. This is just beautiful. I just love clean looking design. I also really like the black around the edges of the leaf.

**Treefrog** said...

Beautiful card Jeri but nothing compared to your Hawaii pics! Beautiful and I'm jealous. LOL Thanks for the nice comments and welcoming me to the BBTB2 blog, so sweet of you!
Thanks, Theresa

Joanna said...

Awesome card! Makes me want to go to Hawaii! tfs!

Court said...

Lovely. What a perfect challenge to create a thank you for your kids! :) I loved the story behind it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!