
Isn't this a fun little image from the new Just Because Cards cartridge? This week's challenge at
Cricut Cardz is to use brads or eyelets. Now I have to tell you--I have a personal issue with using eyelets. A couple years ago I had the opportunity to redo my design studio. I decided I needed a larger work surface, so my husband let me go to Ikea and purchase new work tables to go around two sides of the room in an L-shape. I was so excited to get them and put them in. Just two days later I was making a card that was going to have eyelets. I got out my punch to make the holes and placed my paper on my Fiskars self-healing mat. The next thing I knew my hand slipped, the mat went flying and there was a huge hole punched in my brand new work table. :( I was just sick. I haven't been able to bring myself to punch a hole for an eyelet since, even though I bought a much safer punch to use. LOL So I used brads on my card for the centers of the bike wheels with fabric yo-yos underneath. I believe the brads are from K&Company, but I'm not sure. My background paper is from DCWV.

I thought this Albert Einstein quote was just the perfect sentiment to use. How true is this? The background paper on the inside of the card under the sentiment is Heidi Grace.
9 comments:
Great card, wonderful idea for the bike tires :)
Love this! You are so creative and clever!
What a great card! I love the colors you used and the bike is such a great cut. Sorry to hear about your work table...that totally sounds like something I would do. Thanks, Pam
Hi Jeri!
What a great card and a great quote! I love that you added the yo-yo's to the bike tires. :)
I found the Summer Dreams paper stack at Joann's on Friday. I was so excited because it's double sided and the colors are gorgeous! I also bought the matching card stock stack, it has gorgeous colors as well. I had to cut that part out of the video because I ran out of time. :(
Have a great day!
Ruthie :)
I am not a card maker....but I saw this and was floored! Tooo darned cute!!! LOVE the yo yo wheels!!!!
I love this card! Thanks for stopping by my blog Jeri! :) I love the Summer in Paris Cart. This post: http://courtscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/05/wine-glass-thank-you.html
is also from the cartridge! :) I just got the cart like a week ago and it's quickly becoming one of my faves, but this will show off how if you cut it bigger, it really does come out nicely. See you around BBTB2!
ADRLING card! LOVE the yoyo wheels and the sentiment is great! Bummer about your table! xxD
oh jeri this is great! i love the wheels :) and wonderful sentiment for this design :) i also dont like eyelets.. but not for the same reason...i just dont like the look of them ;)
Jeri, your card is so cute. I love the way it turned out...and oh my, that bike is just darling. Wow.... I have the Just BeCause cart and I am just getting to some of the cute stuff. I bought the Crop A Dile and punching has never been easier. I used to hammer those eyelet holes and the eyelets so hard I knew that 4 streets north and south wondered what I was remodeling.
Hugs
Carole
Post a Comment