Saturday, May 8, 2010

BBTB2/Peggy Loves Vintage and Tag Challenge

It's Monday and that means it's time for a new challenge at BBTB2. We are so lucky this week to be working with fantastically beautiful images from Peggy Loves Vintage. I was so excited when I saw the little girl with the sand pail because a design came to mind instantly. Most of you know by now that my husband and I bought a fifth wheel (RV) for our retirement last year. Every summer we are camped on the shore of Lake Huron. Last year we brought our granddaughter, Payton, up for a few days and she had a blast at the lake. Her idea of building sandcastles was to fill up the bucket with sand, dump it over and then stomp on it. Now that she's a year older maybe we'll get a little more "building" out of her. We are so anxious for her to come up so I made this card for her. Along with the image we were assigned any tag cut from the first row of tags on the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge. I used the first tag in the row, the circle tag and cut it from DCWV Rustic paper pad at 4". All my DP came from that stack. After printing the image three times I cut the little girl out and did a little paper piecing and stacking for dimension. I used my Magic Matt to make a dark brown mat for the image to make it stand out. Then I cut a sandcastle from my Life's A Beach cartridge at 2". I mounted both images onto the triangle envelope with pop dots.
I used my computer to print my message on the tag. The tag has a precut slit that I used to slip a wide jute ribbon through then I tied a green grosgrain ribbon around it.

7 comments:

PeggyLovesVintage said...

How cute and what precious memories! I'm sure your granddaughter will just love it!

Creative Momma said...

Awww...this is so adorable :)
Hugs
Marina

GiuliaG. said...

Oh Jeri...this is so sweet!

Janis Lewis said...

I absolutely love this little pocket!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, Jeri! This is so fabulous!!! I love that precious little image and so perfect for your project!!!! I LOVE it!!!!!
hugs!
Sharon

A Little Time said...

This is sooooo sweet!!! I love the design! It's just gorgeous!

Vicky said...

cute Like how you did the black background