
Wednesday's are Cricut Cardz Challenge day and this week Mary asked the design team to make a card with a bird or butterfly using any cartridge. I chose to use a bird image cut from the Storybook cartridge. The black scalloped piece was cut from the Storybook cartridge using the scalloped square on pg. 30 and cutting it on a 12 x 12" piece of cardstock with the Fit to Page key on. Cutting it this way allows me to use the scallops for several cards. I also used my new Just Because Cards cartridge for the tiny front scallop on the card. It's the card on pg. 48. I just used one half of the card and mounted it onto a white cardstock base card. I'll save the other half to use for a second card. I used one of my favorite color combos for this card, pink and black. My dp is Asian Pear Blossom and Asian Cherry from Stemma that I picked up on my recent trip to Hawaii. I also used pink, black and white cardstock for this card. There is a piece of Heidi Grace pp from my scrap bin for the background and the tag. My bird is the robin cut at 4" from the Asian Pear (black) and shadowed with white then mounted with pop dots. I used the branch on pg. 38 of the Storybook manual with the Shorty/Holes key on, cut it from white cardstock and trimmed it up to fit behind the bird. Then I added the flower blossoms cut from the Asian Cherry paper. I added a lot of bling to this card using pink rhinestones on the bird, black rhinestones for the flower centers, a pearl for the bird's eye and some black Stickles on the branch. I also added a little doodling with black and white pens. My sentiment was done on my computer and mounted onto a tag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More.
8 comments:
A beautiful card.
Oh GORGEOUS Jeri! Love, love, LOVE the color combo and that cherry blossom behind the bird adds so much! Great combo of scallops, too! xxD
Wonderful card, so beautiful and lovely :)
Love your card Jeri, very lovely.
I really like the paper and colors. Very creative.
Fabulous card, Jeri!!!
Hey, I wanted to drop you a note and let you know that you won a free digi during our blog hop last weekend. I hadn't heard back from you, so I wanted to make sure you got the news. Please email me at amiste@sonic.net and let me know which digi you want from the store! Hugs, Deedee
Jeri your card is just beautiful...love the papers and colors you chose!!!
Hugs,
Terry
Hi Jeri,
I love your card. Pink and black are two of my favorite color combos and I love that cherry blossom paper.
Ruthie :)
This is beautiful, love the colors...
Post a Comment