Monday, May 31, 2010

BBTB2 Sweethearts Bless This Nest

Welcome to this month's BBTB2 blog hop. You should have arrived from Julie's blog, if not hop on back to the BBTB2 site to begin. Wasn't Julie's card adorable? I love that polka dot paper she used for her sentiment. It was my turn this week to choose the cartridge and cut. I wanted to make a housewarming card so I chose the Bless this Nest sentiment from the Sweethearts cartridge. I also used the bird nest and birds from the same cartridge. My birdhouse shaped card was made using my Gypsy and the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. I cut the birdhouse using my 12 x 24" mat, an 18 x 18" piece of dp from EK Success and a 12 x 24" piece of green cardstock from Provo Craft's pastel stack. I trimmed my birdhouse roof with lace and added brown polka dot ribbon, a beige flower, brown button and two stickpins. Now wait 'til you see the beautiful card that our wonderful Enfys has created on your next stop. Please leave a comment for your chance to win my blog candy of K&Company products pictured below.

58 comments:

make more cards said...

Beautiful work! I love your attention to detail with the lace, ribbon and flowers.

Irena said...

Wonderful creation, I like the papers and the details :)

DonnaMundinger said...

Precious Jeri! Thanks for the fun challenge this week! Love that birdhouse. Too cute with the other cuts! xxD

freetimegone said...

What a great card and I love that you included all the detail (especially the lace at the top). Thanks for the instructions too.

Stephanie said...

What a sweet birdhouse! I love the lace and the hatpin flowers, so cute :)

StephanieD

Rosemary said...

cute card. Love your blog. Rosemary at hudak4@zoominternet.net

Enfys said...

Super challenge Jeri, I enjoyed this one. Your little birdhouse is so cute with that lace and all the detail,
big hugs
En x

nancy said...

What a cute card-----doing this blog hop has given me all kids of inspriation, and now I am going to go play in my craft room (maybe I will clean it up a little first) TFS----Nancy mtbootleggerz@msn.com

Carmen said...

LOVE this card!! Think I might do something similar for a friend! Loving the lace on it as well...

Sharon said...

This is just wonderful! So rustic looking but just perfect!! Love the lace. The flowers and the stickpins. I have some stickpins but wasn't sure what you did with them. Have some ideas in mind now, thanks to you! Love your card!!! :)

Melissaward said...

I LOVE your birdhouse! I am going to have to try this myself :) I just got my gypsy and I cant wait to get to really try to make things with it : ) Thank you for such a fun and creative idea!

Vicki said...

oh I just love the birdhouse shaped card, this is just great. I love the papers you chose and how it all comes together...this is just the cutest.

nanapuddin said...

What a cute card! and thanks for the chance to win the blog candy! would look great on my "diva" granddaughters pages! TFS!

- - Sheryl - - said...

I truly love your card

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Jeri your housewarming card is so adorable, the lace and the stick pins oh my I love them, the whole card is so beautiful! thanks for a wonderful challenge ths weeek!
Hugs
Juliexx

Court said...

Thanks for the chance to win and I love the fact that you added lace - such a classic feel. Have a great week!

Kate said...

Your paper is perfect and I love the addition of the lace on your birdhouse. Lovely work!

mary said...

cute birdhouse. it sounds large. I have a bird that made a nest in a wreath that I hung by my front door. I look out the door and I can see beady eyes pop up.
mdot kdot schmidt athotmail dotcom

Regina E said...

fantastic project girl...hugs

S.Bayles said...

Great Project .......... I love the fabric or lace. I have so much lace that I need to start using it in my cards. Love the colors.
Sandy Bayles
E-Mail: davidbayles@sprintmail.com

Gloria Westerman said...

You did a excellent job on this house card....I have Stretch you Imagination cart...and have never thought to do this.....great idea...Love it...

Caroline said...

Beautiful card. It just makes me smile!!

Caroline

Carlos and Flash said...

I love the little birds. Thanks for the great ideas.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a great work of art!

GabyCreates.com said...

You came out with a great idea! too bad I cannot scraplift (don't have this cart)

Anonymous said...

Love your birdhouse. All your details are great.

KimCreate said...

Very nice card!
KimCreate

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a great card Jeri! Love all the details you added!! TFS

Hugs,
Terry

Jeannie Phillips said...

Your work is amazing...this card is amazing...so romantic... it made me happy and made me feel all warm and cozy inside... it is just perfect.
hugs
Jeannie

Wes said...

Your card has sweet vintage look to it! It's
just my style! Thanks for inspiring me to get
busy with my Cricut! :D
-Maryellen W

maryanns said...

You have created such a beautiful birdhouse card. The paper makes the birdhouse look weathered, which is perfect for this card.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So nice! I love the ribbon and flower on top!

VeronicaA said...

What a beautiful housewarming card. I love the colors and particularly the lace accent. Neat idea! Thanks for sharing.
Veronica
vballen@ccomcast.net

Cathy said...

I love your birdhouse shaped card...so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri this is sooooo stinkin' cute!! I just love your work and this is just another lovely example of your awesome style!!

xx Susan

Holly said...

So sweet!! Love the birdhouse....just adorable!

Roni said...

This is a precious gift! It is dainty and amazing.

Lacey said...

Cute candy, CUTE CARD!!!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

I LOVE your birdhouse! I am going to have to try this myself :)What a beautiful housewarming card

GiuliaG. said...

Jeri, I just love your birdhouse. You picked a great cut for this weeks challenge. I didn't have that cart so I couldn't participate....but love what everyone has done with the challenge.

Joy said...

So cute...love the lace the the ribbon !!
xo Joy

cinmfoster said...

Cute card, I'm getting a lot of ideas on this hop. Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love your birdhouse! The paper combo is wonderful.

Crafty Sue said...

Nice card! Love the touch of lace. Gives it a heritage look. TFS

SuePhillipscsr@msn.com

joann said...

I want to make this as a door hanger for my 90 yr. old parents door at the home. This is so cute. Great job!
JoAnn

My Scrap Diary said...

Oooh this is such an adorable card. I like the birdhouse look and all the lace and extra details that you gave it.
Thanks!

Creative Momma said...

Such an adorable little birdhouse...I really thought it was made out of wood...love all the details :)
Hugs
Marina

crazyaboutcricut said...

I really love using my larger cutting mat too! It definitely opens up so much more we can do. Great project!!

Nikki P said...

I love shaped cards and this one is just fantastic. Thanks :o)
Nikki

Bobbi said...

This is such a cute card. I love making shaped cards on my Gypsy. Great job.

Cathy H said...

This is a cute shaped card! I really like the lace!

Joanna said...

This is so adorable..i love the bird house! Great job on the challenge!

AD-venture in HEELS said...

Love the Birdhouse card.. it's perfect

A Little Time said...

Ahhhhh....SYI! I was wondering where you got that awesome bird house. This is just gorgeous!!

Melissaward said...

I love this card!! WOW! What a great idea :) I thought it was a real birdhouse!! AWESOME!!!

**Treefrog** said...

I just love this card! It almost looks like it's a real altered birdhouse, too cute and love the colors and the lace!
((Hugs)) Theresa

shelly said...

jeri i love this cut glad you chose it :) and i think this is my fave card of yours ( hard to choose i love them all :) .. love the paper the lace pins everything!

Sandi said...

Jeri, love that bird house with lace roof, just adorable. Hugs