Monday morning brings a new challenge at BBTB2. For this week's challenge the fantastic Enfys chose the Ready 2 Rock cut from Hannah Montana. I don't have this cartridge so I had to improvise. I have to admit, at first I was just going to opt out of the challenge since I didn't have the cartridge. But it goes against my grain to admit defeat, especially since I have Design Studio and a Gypsy. I figured I could come up with something and this is it. I used my Don Juan cartridge for the font and my Designer's Calendar for the number two then welded it all together. Granted, I could have cut each letter out individually, but what a pain to glue them all down. My dp is from DCWV Rustic stack and my base card is kraft cardstock. I cut the Ready 2 Rock from DCWV Glitter paper in green. The guitar is from the Stamping cartridge and I cut it at 1 1/2" from yellow glitter cardstock and shadowed it in black. Just simple embellishments (hemp cord, a yellow star button and one brown rhinestone) on this card because I thought it would be a perfect birthday card for a teen boy and I just happen to have a grandson with a birthday coming up. I decided last week that I needed to challenge myself to do more guy cards, so hear's one toward my goal. I will enter this card in the challenge at OCC for a masculine birthday card for a special someone in my life. Be sure you check back with the BBTB2 site on Wednesday for an exciting cartridge giveaway sponsored by Memory Miser.
Monday, May 17, 2010
BBTB2 Ready 2 Rock/Cartridge Giveaway
Monday morning brings a new challenge at BBTB2. For this week's challenge the fantastic Enfys chose the Ready 2 Rock cut from Hannah Montana. I don't have this cartridge so I had to improvise. I have to admit, at first I was just going to opt out of the challenge since I didn't have the cartridge. But it goes against my grain to admit defeat, especially since I have Design Studio and a Gypsy. I figured I could come up with something and this is it. I used my Don Juan cartridge for the font and my Designer's Calendar for the number two then welded it all together. Granted, I could have cut each letter out individually, but what a pain to glue them all down. My dp is from DCWV Rustic stack and my base card is kraft cardstock. I cut the Ready 2 Rock from DCWV Glitter paper in green. The guitar is from the Stamping cartridge and I cut it at 1 1/2" from yellow glitter cardstock and shadowed it in black. Just simple embellishments (hemp cord, a yellow star button and one brown rhinestone) on this card because I thought it would be a perfect birthday card for a teen boy and I just happen to have a grandson with a birthday coming up. I decided last week that I needed to challenge myself to do more guy cards, so hear's one toward my goal. I will enter this card in the challenge at OCC for a masculine birthday card for a special someone in my life. Be sure you check back with the BBTB2 site on Wednesday for an exciting cartridge giveaway sponsored by Memory Miser.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great job Jeri! Love that you welded your letters so it looks more like the HM cut and the background paper is fab! Perfect guy card! xxD
I think it came out great!..don't worry I had to borrow this cart from my sis..I don't like missing out on a challenge either..lol! tfs!
This is the perfect teenage boy card... Love the background paper and choice of colors :)
This is just awesome!! I love how you welded the letters together.
Post a Comment