Monday, August 29, 2011

BBTB2 Heritage Tree-Blog Hop-Giveaway

Our fabulous DT sister, Julie, is our hostess for this week's BBTB2 challenge and Blog Hop.  You should have arrived here from Lori's blog.  If not, and you want to start at the beginning of the hop, click here.  Julie asked us to use this curly branched tree which is the first cut on the Heritage cartridge.  I may lose a few followers and my DT Sisters are going to know for sure that I'm crazy when I tell you how I came up with my card design.  I saw it in a dream.  Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but it's the truth.  It came to me in a dream, what can I say.  Many times when I'm trying to think of a design I will look for a sentiment first on a few quotation sites that I frequent.  When looking for tree quotes I came across the sentiment I've used here.  That night I went to bed and in the wee hours of the morning I had the dream about a card with a circle window in it with the apple showing to go along with the second half of the quote.  As soon as the picture was in my mind I woke up.  I immediately jumped out of bed, turned on my Gypsy and got the design down before I forgot the dream.  I have the world's worst memory.  And so a card was born.  How crazy is that?   I used the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge for a rectangle sized at 4.25 x 11" and the circle cut from the front of the card.  To get the correct placement for the circle I sized the tree to 5" then placed it onto the the front of the card on my Gypsy mat.  From there I could see the branch that hung the lowest and centered it in the circle.  The apple is cut twice at .75".  I attached one apple to the tree branch and the other on the inside of the card.


My husband really like this card.  He loved the quote (which has an anonymous author) and thought it was a good one for our granddaughter that will be graduating next year.  Good thing he suggested that because I really didn't know what I was going to do with this card.  I thought it must be some sort of subliminal message for me since it came to me in a dream.  LOL

I'm so glad you could stop by today and your next stop on the hop will be Carri.  Wait until you see her tree creation.  I have some great blog candy for our hop.  It's the Cricut Lite Cupcake cartridge.  If you'd like to be in the running for this cartridge please make sure you are a follower of my blog and leave me a comment.  Let me take this moment to say thanks for following and I appreciate your comments so very much. 

41 comments:

Curko said...

I really love your card!!! Simple but with a powerful message. Fantanstic blog candy!!!

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, this is wonderful....and I will admit this...when I have a card I need to design, I day dream it and I see it in my mind. I love your take on our tree challenge. Hugs.
Carole

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous card and story behind it, Jeri! Really love the sentiment. Great take on the challenge! xxD

Bunnyfreak said...

I don't think that is weird. I think through creations when I sleep

Princess Hilda said...

Fabulous card this is wonderful......

princesshilda2012@yahoo.com

Eva Laney said...

Great card, with a fab quote. Perfect grad card for sure. I am already a follower.
Eva :0)
evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Beautiful card, I am already a follower, thanks for the chance to win such lovely blog candy!

ClassyDify said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!! I love what you did with the card!

Katherine
www.classydify.blogspot.com
lightmypath@shaw.ca

scrappin2babygirls said...

I love your project its so pretty!! thanks for sharing and the chance to win Im a follower.
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Jayne said...

Beautiful sentiment and card. I am a new follower.TFS.
Jayne
jayne-designs.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I've been a follower for awhile. Nice card & sentiment.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

moknowsall said...

what a great 'tree' card... love all the designers - you are all so inspirational and creative.

Susan said...

What a terrific idea! VERY clever! I'd like to send that card to a dozen friends!! Thanks so much for sharing!
SusanJ in Atlanta

SWalter said...

I love the sentiment! Great Card!

Kathy Salido said...

Oh I just love your card, the sentiment is my favorite part :)
Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

littlen said...

very nice card. great hop. tfs.
littlen44 at gmail dot com

Christina said...

I love your card! TFS

DIANA L. said...

Great card I love the sentiment.

Also, Thank you for the blog candy.


DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Connie said...

wonderful card. i really like the saying and the great apples.

Maria said...

Jeri...I too see many, many of my designs in my dreams--right there with you. LOVE the quote you used with the tree--perfect! :)

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri, I am glad that you dreamed this card - it is wonderful. I love the sentiments - inside and out! Truly inspiring. I really like how you added the window. I am constantly amazed by the creativity of this design team!!!

xx Susan

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

What a great card. I like how you took your inspiration from a quote then had a dream about your card. I may have to give the quote thing a try. Simply amazing. :)

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

I think I'll stick around and see what else you can dream up, 'cus this is just fantastic!!
I loooooove it!!! I've built cards around other things, but never have thought about doing it around a quote. I'm gonna give that one a try! And I agree with your DH, this will be perfect for a graduation card. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!!!!! :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This is very cool. I love the sentiment and it is an awesome card.

A Little Time said...

Jeri, this is simply gorgeous! I love the sentiment and I love how the tree goes right to the edge of the card. Love it!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is beautiful! Love the sentiment it is just perfect!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Norma said...

WOW!!! LOVE it:) just beautiful and love that you decorated the inside:) TFS
Hugs

callyannc said...

You are soooo not alone! But I always forget mine so I know I lose alot of good stuff! Oh weel I can be inspired by your card! TFS CallyAnn(new follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Raquel SK said...

Wow! -I love your card! Maybe I should sleep with my Gypsy nearby too :). The sentiment is absolutely beautiful too. Thanks for sharing it-I''m a new follower.-Raquel @ Raquelsdesigns.blogspot.com

Kim. said...

Now that is what I call a dedicated crafter, I could never imagine getting out of my bed in the middle of the night to create a card lol.
It is a lovely card and a great sentiment, the tree and apple work really well.
Kim xXx

Lori1brat said...

VERY neat card - I love how you came up with your idea .... amazing talent, as always !!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Love the touch of the apple..PERFECT....Krista

KayLa Ruth said...

love the message on the card! I'm now a follower! ksantell@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!! Love the sentiment :-)

-Sam :-)

SamanthaJDesigns @ hotmail.com

Tonya said...

What a super fab idea. I LOVE it. Great work.

Donna Lee said...

This is a great card! I love your sentiment and inside message too. It's true in every facet of life. TFS!

Cherie said...

I agree with your hubby! I love this quote too! What a great card!! Thank you so much for sharing! I am now a new follower :)

cherie.goyer at gmail.com
http://oneheartscrapper.blogspot.com

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Jeri I'm so glad I'm not the only one who comes up with card designs in their dreams!!
What a fabulous card, I love the sentiment, so clever. Wonderful take on the challenge!
Hugs
Juliexx

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great minds never stop working...even in their sleep Jeri!!! Love the card and quote!!!
Hugs,
Terry

flowerdisco said...

hehe...i dream a lot too and in colors. i have never dreamed of a card yet but buying supplies, lol.

lovely-lovely!

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Jeri

Your card is awesome, I love the sentiment...

HUGS
Penny