Friday, August 26, 2011

Birthday Card for Paige using Mikala Ann from The Cutting Cafe

My granddaughter Paige is turning two this weekend.  I'm very excited because we will be traveling to be there for her birthday party.  This will be the first time we'll be leaving our camper since selling and moving from our home at the beginning of July.  We'll be driving to my daughter's house and staying there for four days.  I can't wait to spend time with my granddaughters Paige and Payton.   My husband and I are thoroughly enjoying living full time in our camper and being free of the responsibilities of a home.  But, we both agree it's a little disconcerting to not be attached to a home.  Not worrisome, just strange.  People will ask us where we're from in our travels and we laugh and say "we're homeless".  Of course, we explain that we sold our home and we're living full time in our RV.

I used this adorable image of Mikala Ann from The Cutting Cafe's Elisha Jean and Friends with Balloon printable stamp set.  She reminds me so much of little Paige.  I paper pieced her dress with red polka dot paper from Echo Park.  The balloon is also paper pieced.  I added the number 2 using my Cricut Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge.  Then I cut the frame with the Elegant Edges cartridge adding faux stitching with a white gel pen. 

1 comment:

Sharon said...

How adorable Jeri!!! Have a safe trip and enjoyable time with the family! Happy Birthday to Paige!!! :)