Monday, August 1, 2011
BBTB2 Locker Talk Back to School
It's another fabulous Monday and do you know what that means? It's time for a new post for BBTB2. This week DT member Lori asked us to use a school supply from the Locker Talk cartridge. I decided to make a card that would hold a gift card for my granddaughter, Payton, who will be starting Kindergarten this year. I want to send her a gift card so she can buy an outfit for school. I'd love to be able to take her out shopping myself, but since were traveling and not close by a gift card will have to do. I used the card feature that is on the Locker Talk cartridge to cut my base card. The orignal card had two slots on it, but using my Gypsy hide contour feature I was able to take the bottom slot out. I left the top one in to place the gift card. For my school supplies I decided to cut a pair of scissors and the pencil from the cartridge. The pencil is cut at 1.5" and the scissors are cut at 2". The kindergarten sentiment is also from the same cartridge. It's cut at 2". I added a September calendar from a 6x6 Crate Paper pad. For embellishment I added the green clip and tied a printed ruler ribbon around the top of the gift card. Now don't forget if you don't have the Locker Talk you can still participate in the challenge by using a school supply from another cartridge. Remember, it must be a new creation though.
I almost forgot to share the winner of my blog candy from last week's BBTB2 Blog Hop. The winner of the 6x6 paper pad is:
#31-Debbie who said...Such a cute card!! Looks delicious, too!! :)
Debbie if you'll email me at thomasjeri55atyahoodotcom with your address I'll mail out your prize. Thanks so much for your sweet comment and for being a follower. I truly appreciate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Adorable Jeri! Payton will just love it! Gonna have to check out that card feature. Great how you've modifed it for a gift card. Sweet ribbon, too! xxD
Jeri I LOVE your card ! What a cute idea - I am sure Payton will love it ! Kindergarten is a fun time ! Your card matches is fun too great job !!! Hugs - Lori
What a cute card Jeri and great idea for a gift card, I'll have to keep that one in mind! Love the ribbon too, I couldn't for the life of me find mine, maybe I used it all and never realized it, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa
Very cute! Love the chunky kid sized school supplies! The calendar was a great idea too!
This is really cute! I bet your granddaughter will love it. Love the measuring tape ribbon and the clip.
This turned out so so cute. I love school themed cards...this was a neat challenge. Love your card.
Carole
Such a super cute card and I bet Payton will love it and the gift card!! :)
Your granddaughter is going to LOVE this Jeri! Love the cuts that you used together and that ribbon is the perfect touch :)
Post a Comment