Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #90


For this week's Cricut Cardz Challenge we're using any cartridge with a card feature.  There are over 50  cartridges with card features on them.  For my card I used Life's A Beach.  I'm not a big fan of boats, going on them that is.  I do however, love to see a sailboat gliding across the lake at the campground we're staying in on the shores of beautiful Lake Huron in Michigan.  I couldn't resist using this sight as the muse for my card this week.  Using a card feature is a quick and easy way to make a card when you need one in a hurry.  I simply used black cardstock to cut the card then placed a piece of water paper behind the opening.  I used the font on the Life's A Beach cartridge to cut my Sail Away letters.  They're cut at 1.25" from the same water paper.  It doesn't get much easier than this.  Other than gluing on the letters and adding the doodling/stitching with a white gel pen I didn't have anything else to do.  I thought you'd like to see the photo that inspired my card. 
This is pretty much the sight I've seen every day for the last couple of months.  I walk out the door of my camper and there's the beautiful water and our own sandy beach.  It's gorgeous and soon we'll be leaving with our camper to head south to warmer climates for the winter.  But we'll be back next spring because this is one of the best places in the world, I'm sure of it.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Great card! And I love the picture showing your inspiration for your card! Oh to have that view every day!!! :)

Rachel said...

Oh wow, I never used the card feature because I didn't quite know what to do with it. This is a really nice card! I gotta save this page for future reference. Thanks!

DIANA L. said...

NIce card a great. Nice and masculine.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Karen Aicken said...

You are right -- what an amazing view! TFS your fun card for the challenge. TFS!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

~JulieH~ said...

What a great card Jeri, I love all your doodling and stitching! what a wonderful view to wake up to every morning!
Hugs
Juliexx

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Great card Jeri! Love the view and safe travels!!!
Hugs,
Terry