Monday, August 8, 2011

BBTB2 Pie Challenge

Our hostess for this week's BBTB2 challenge is the super talented and super sweet, Krista.  She asked us to use the pie from Paper Doll Dress Up.   As with all the challenges at BBTB2, if you don't have this cartridge you can use any other cartridge with a pie on it.  I used the pie on the Just Because Cards cartridge.  We have been hitting the farm market every weekend since we moved to our camper for full time living.  It's so nice because the farm market is right across the street from the campground.  So every Saturday morning I head out for fresh produce.  It's also a great place to find fresh baked goods.  This week I bought a small apple pie.  We had some friends over for dinner last night and we had the pie for dessert.  I made barbecued chicken, red skin potato salad with fresh potatoes from the farm market and fresh corn on the cob.  It was a real treat because I haven't been cooking much since we moved from our house. 

I digress...sorry!  I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More to cut the tag.  My patterned papers are last year's Recollection Autumn stack that I picked up on clearance at Michael's for $1.99.  I love a deal.  I cut the tag at 5" with the shadow layer in yellow and a cute little pie paper for the top layer.  I added a small piece of gingham paper at the bottom that I edged with a scallop border punch from Fiskars.  I cut the pie on top of the gingham at 3".  My circle sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe's From My Kitchen Printable Stamp Set and I placed it on top of a scalloped circle cut from Mini Monograms.  I cut another pie for the center of the stamp at 1".  I used a brown gingham ribbon to attach the tag to the pie. 

16 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, I love your pie tag.... perfect papers too. Mmmmm. Pie.
Hugs
Carole

Curko said...

Well Jeri...I would be honored to recieve your gorgeuos pie ;) Great take on the challenge. I would have never tought of actually baking a pie. SUPER CLEVER IDEA!!!!

bonnie said...

So super cute...what a fab lil' gift! ;) Hugs x

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable tag, Jeri! The papers are just perfect. Sounds like your dinner party was a huge success. I LOVE Farmer's Markets. xxD

~JulieH~ said...

OOh I love farmers market the food is always so fresh and tastes so good!Love your tag Jeri the papers are perfect and I love how you cut a mini pie for
the sentiment too!
Hugs
Juliex

Sharon said...

Awesome tag!!! Love the pies, the sentiment circle and I just love the papers!! :)

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

What an awesome Gift..Wow.I just love the sweet touches u add to all your YUMMIES...Krista

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri, I really like your take on the challenge this week. First, I adore food gifting and I am always on the outlook for a new packaging idea - awesome! Second, your dinner sounds wonderful and made me hungry!
xx Susan

Lori1brat said...

What a wonderful treat Jeri ! You did such a great job with your whole presentation ! YUMMY all the way around !!!!! Lori

Maria said...

Love this Jeri! Perfect idea for a gift :) Your tag would make anyone smile :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great tag! Love the awesome papers and yummy pie!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

**Treefrog** said...

Love your tag Jeri, so cute and great to attach to a house warming gift or "Just Because" Love the colors too, I'm kind of partial to gingham, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

shelly said...

hi jeri :) love your tag i was going to make one for this challenge with these exact papers that i love! i like the punched edge on this and the stamp from cutting cafe is perfect on this. as always great job! btw your dinner sounds incredible lucky to have that f/market right across from you :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like your pie tag. Why did you have to move out of your house?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

A Little Time said...

So cute and what a great idea!! I just love the gingham!

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Jeri
Super Cute, this tag takes the cake (Pie)the papers couldnt have been a better choice....

HUGS
Penny