Monday, August 22, 2011

The Cutting Cafe Ribbon Shaped Badges, Exciting News, Contest and a GIVEAWAY.

I have a jam packed post here today.  Let me start off with my exciting news.  I'll be designing again for The Cutting Cafe.  If you've never been to Regina's Cutting Cafe for printable images, you're in for a real treat.  Her printable sets are just the best.  I rarely design anything that doesn't include some sort of Cutting Cafe image or sentiment. I'm beyond giddy to be back on the design team with such talented ladies.  You can visit The Cutting Cafe store here and The Cutting Cafe Blog here.  I promise you'll find tons of inspiration.  While you're at the blog check out the contest for silhouette image's that Regina has going.  She's looking for card designs using silhouettes.  She has a printable stamp set that's perfect for the challenge called Fun with Silhouettes and you can see design team projects using the set here.

I've got a couple of quick projects to share today using The Cutting Cafe's Ribbon Shaped Card Set.  This is an awesome printable set.  It comes with 3 shaped cards, 3 printable ribbons (what I used for my projects) and 29 circle phrases.  Now let me just say, I wish I still had a classroom because I would be using this set even more for my students.  So if you're an elementary teacher, this set is a must have.  My first project is a little badge I made for my granddaughter Paige to wear at her 2nd birthday party this weekend.  For this project I cut the badge twice from pink cardstock.  The first cut is for my base, the second cut I removed the ribbon part and just used the circle.  I did this so I could add my pink tulle ruffle between layers.  Then I punched a glittery paper circle at 2 1/2" which was perfect to add under the printed sentiment.  I didn't want my granddaughter, Payton, to feel left out so I made her a badge, too, along with a special candy treat.  You can see them in the picture below.
For this project I just cut the badge once from DCWV All About Girls stack purple polka dot paper.  I punched another glittery paper circle at 2 1/2" to put under the sentiment.  This went together in minutes and I just added a butterfly button for embellishment.  I filled up a tube with Hershey dark chocolate kisses, yum yum.  I added a band of yellow cardstock, a Fiskar's punched edge border of glitter cardstock, then a strip of the purple polka.  The two tags were cut from my TBBM cartridge and printed with mini words from The Cutting Cafe's Valentine Day Mini Words set.   I added twine, yellow gingham ribbon and a purple flower button to finish the project off.  Thanks for stopping by today and to celebrate my return to The Cutting Cafe Design Team I'm going to have a little give away.  I'm going to give away the set I used for these projects.  Just leave me a comment and I'll have random.org pick a winner to receive this set on Friday.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations! How exciting!! I love the badges. The one for the Birthday Girl is wonderful with the tulle added. Love the candy tube, too. Headed over to the Cutting Cafe to check it out. Thanks for the chance to win. :)
http://meemeescreations.blogspot.com

scrappin2babygirls said...

super cute.. i love the colors too they look great together thanks for sharing and the chance to win.
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Regina Easter said...

oh Jeri, can I just say I am delighted to have ya back designing for the Cafe...your so awesome girl and these two sets are simply the best...hugs

jessica said...

congrats! love the cutting cafe :)