Monday, September 12, 2011

BBTB2 Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 3-D Container

It's my turn to host this week's Bitten By the Bug 2 (BBTB2) challenge.  It's always fun to get to choose which Cricut cut the DT will use for the week.  I chose the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge (an oldie but goodie) and asked the team to make a 3-D container that could hold a treat or gift.  I used the triangle box for my container.  As you can see in the photo I have a clear window (which qualifies this project for the challenge at Our Creative Corner) on the front of my box.  This cut on the cartridge does not cut a window, but I was able to add the window with my Gypsy using a triangle from the Just Because Cards cartridge.  I couldn't believe that was the only cartridge I seem to have with a triangle shape.  Anyway, I sized it to fit inside one of the box panels to cut the opening and then backed it with a piece of acetate before putting the box together.   I embellished the box with this cool pleated ribbon I found at a scrapbook store in my travels.  I'm not sure who makes it.  I also got the orange ribbon and twine at the same store.  I cut a leaf from the Mickey and Friends cartridge and then printed candy corn on it.  The mini words came from the Fall Mini Words printable stamp set at The Cutting Cafe.  If you'd like to play along with this challenge and you don't have the TBBM cartridge you can use any other cartridge that has a 3-D container on it.  Remember though, it must be a new creation made especially for the BBTB2 weekly challenge.

14 comments:

Karen Pinsonat said...

Looks like we were on the same wave length with the candy corn! Love your little box, great fall colors and that ribbon is fabulous!

Maria said...

Love your project Jeri! I can just see them as favors on a Thanksgiving table :) Great challenge you picked--made me pull out one of my very first Cricut cartridges ever :)

Curko said...

I really enjoyed this challenge so thank you Jeri! What a fabulous gift idea! Love all the ribbon detail. Fantastic colors scheme as well :)

**Treefrog** said...

This was such a Fun challenge this week Jeri, Thank You! Love your candy box so cute and I just LOVE candy corn, I always eat a couple of bags even before Halloween gets here and then stash some away for after the holidays, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

DonnaMundinger said...

Thanks for a great challenge, Jeri! Gosh, I didn't even know that there was a triangle box on the cart. Too cute! Gonna have to try one for sure. LOVE the plaid and gorgeous ribbon embellishment. The leaf was the perfect touch! xxD

Melissa said...

Really pretty fall colors! The leaf tag is too cute and I really like the ruffled ribbon!

A Little Time said...

I love how you added a window! I also love that pleated ribbon. This is really cute, Jeri!

Sharon said...

Fantastic! Just fantastic!!! Love the pleated and orange ribbons! Awesome box! :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Such a cute candy box! Love the ribbon!

Annette said...

I really enjoyed this challenge Jeri. Thanks for choosing it. Love your box!!

DIANA L. said...

This is super cute I love it. I really like t he pleated ribbon and the colors.

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Oh Jeri this is just so cute I love the little pleats at the bottom it all came together just perfect......HUGS

Penny

Jayne said...

Great treat box,love the window and pleated ribbon.
Jayne x

Karen Aicken said...

What a fun idea to add the window. Great challenge, and wonderful creation! TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com