For my project I made a S'mores kit. You may or may not know that my husband and I recently sold our home so we could live full time in our RV and travel the country. So we are always in a campground somewhere. My granddaughters will be coming to visit this weekend and one of their favorite activities is making S'mores around the campfire. Inside my milk carton are all the makings--marshmallows, mini Hershey bars and graham crackers. I thought they would get a kick out of having their own little ready-to-make treat. I cut the container from beige cardstock and added a piece of acetate to the window before assembling the box.
I used my Cricut Campin' Critters cartridge to decorate my carton. The S'mores sign is from this cartridge and it's cut at 1.5". One side has a little critter, I think it's a porcupine, roasting a marshmallow over the campfire. How cute is that? The porcupine was cut at 2". The campfire came from the Cricut Camping cartridge and it's cut at 1".
The other side has a bear with a sign saying "Don't Feed the Bears". The bear is cut at 2". The sign came from the Camping cartridge and it's cut at 1.5". I just hand wrote Please Don't Feed the Bears. To finish the carton off I added a brown gingham ribbon with a button and some twine.
Here's another idea for a carton using the Fall/Halloween Milk Carton set. For this carton I used the template with the spider cut out.
The purple spider paper came from the new StudioG products line that Walmart is selling for 97 cents. This paper comes in a package with seven different prints. I have to say that they are thin papers so if you want to use them on these containers you may need to back them with a heavier cardstock. That's what I did for this container. I cut the template twice, once from black cardstock and then again from the purple print and glued them together before folding the carton up. I tied a small black and white twine bow and added a button to the center for the spider to dangle from. Then I used one of the sentiments for the milk cartons and printed it on a tag, it says Got Treats. The final touch was the googly eyes and a gingham bow at the top. I'll be making lots more of these adorable cartons for other holidays. The possibilities are endless with The Cutting Cafe Milk Carton templates. If you'd like the chance to win the Milk Carton template I used for my project just leave me a comment. You'll want to make sure you check out the favorite cuts from the rest of the DT. You can find the list of designers at The Cutting Cafe Blog.
13 comments:
Oh my gosh sweetie so super cute....love the colours and the smores! ;) Fun! ;) Hugs x
Creative & cute.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com
What a wonderful idea. Love your cartons.
Hey Jeri, let me first say I AM EXCITED TO HAVE YA BACK...this is awesome...your awesome...hugs
I love them both but I have to tell you that Smores one is FANTASTIC!!!! :)
Jeri, this is such a cute cute project. I love idea on both of the milk cartons and I LOVE the "smore" sentiment.
Carole
Adorable work!
hugs
Laura
Awwww, so ca-ute! Love that smore idea! :)
Jeri, I just love your S'more milk carton ! What a clever idea - this would be great to give all the kids at a camping event ! Super cute ! Hugs - Lori
Love both of these, but esp the S'more idea!
Jeri these turned out so cute ! Love the smores idea ! Brilliant ! Thanks for sharing and Welcome to the Team !
HUGS,JANIE
Oh! What a surprise post this was...
I am wishin' and hopin' and prayin' for that cart...we camp
a lot and its just TOO darn cute!
Love that cartoon idea and the Halloween one is AWESOME
as well!
Hugs, *a new DT sis* Leah
I love your milk cartons!! So fun, love that you used this cartridge as well. Absolutely perfect!!
Excited to be a part of this fabulous team!!
Hugs~Bren
Post a Comment