Yes, it's true and fantastic. Cricut Cardz Challenge is now part of Cardz TV. Both Design Team One and Design Team 2 have joined forces to bring you even more card designs. Our challenges will now be every two weeks and let me tell you---you are going to see some fantastic designs and lots of them. For our first challenge Mary asked the design team to make a project with "something that goes bump in the night" or that was spooky and scary. Now I must say, I don't really do scary. I don't watch spooky, scary movies and I don't read spooky, scary books. No Twilight stuff for me. I'm also one of those rare people that does not like Halloween. It probably comes from having to get Halloween costumes ready for my five children when they were small. I'm so glad those days are behind me. LOL So I had to step out of my comfort zone for this. I used the Happy Hauntings cartridge for my coffin treat container and card. I used black cardstock for my coffin, it's cut at 5". I used the phrase Enter If You Dare for the top of the box. The skull and crossbones is cut from the Indie Arts cartridge. This is a great container for halloween treats for that special child in your life. My card is a 4.75" square made of white cardstock. I have a black mat, red mat and my patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye Stella Rose. I used the same phrase but reversed the red and black cardstock. I added a couple of bats giving them red rhinestones for eyes. My Dracula is cut at 3". I used some red Stickles to highlight his cape and finished off the card with some doodling with a white gel pen.
8 comments:
Love it! Great job and some good inspiration for sure.!. Looking forward to more fun posts. I'll be working on a card to enter.
Marcie
I LOVE these! They turned out AWESOME for someone who's not into scary stuff! LOL
Great take on this weeks challenge! :o)
Theresa (CCC DT SISTER)
Jeri, you may not like spooky and scary, but you do it SO well, my friend!! Awesome job for this challenge!!
Hugs,
Mary
How cool are these cards. You did a GREAT job!! :)
I love the card! Very scary.
I look forward to doing more challenges with you!
Christy
www.thescrappyredheads.blogspot.com
I'm the same way in that I don't really do scary either. I might watch a movie here and there but not those icky gory ones without a plot. lol
anyhoo, you did a great job on this week's challenge!!!
Well you might not like Halloween but you do it really well.Last year I ordered Happy Hauntings from the US to make the coffin treat boxes and the cake stands for a big Halloween party we were giving.The cart got held at customs and arrived 2 days after the party!!So I have still to use it!
Love how you added red rhinestones for the eyes.Great job.
Jayne x
Your card and coffin box are fabulous! What fun!
Post a Comment