This week's featured set at The Cutting Cafe is the Welcome Fall Printable Stamp Set. This set features 46 images to use in your fall themed projects. I made an A2 size card from kraft cardstock, rounded the edges on one side, and used a scrap of Colorbok paper for my background. Now that I'm living and traveling full time in an RV it's more important to use my scraps because I don't have a lot of space for storing supplies. I paper pieced the pumpkin on scraps of My Mind's Eye Stella Rose papers and printed the sentiment on kraft cardstock that was the leftover cut from my window card featured last week. I pop dotted the pumpkins to raise them off the twine that I added for embellishment. I sprinkled a few rhinestones around in the center of some of the flowers for a little sparkle to finish it off. You'll want to head over to The Cutting Cafe to see the awesome and inspiring designs from the rest of the DT.
Follow this link.http://thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/cutting_cafe_blog/2011/09/case-it-tuesday-winnerand-inspiration-projectswelcome-fall.html
We've been camping in Virginia for a couple of weeks where we've had the opportunity to visit our newest grandson, Kameron. He is a real sweety and the spittin' image of my son when he was a baby. Our campsite is in the middle of the forest so I thought I'd share a little story and photo. My son made this gnome for me when he was in high school and I just adore him. He's a traveling gnome and I brought him with us. While doing a little hiking at the campground I came across the biggest mushroom I've ever seen. I just had to get a picture of it and thought my gnome should be in the picture. There was a little notch in the mushroom at the exact height for my gnomes elbow to fit perfectly. What a coincidence!
And here is a photo of my wonderful new grandson. He's four months old now. It has been a real delight to spend time with him and see his smiles and hear his laugh. Memories that will have to last us for awhile. We won't see him again until the spring when we make our way back north from wintering in Florida. He's trying on his new hat with the Detroit Tigers (baseball team) logo on it. Isn't he adorable!
Thanks for stopping by and letting me indulge in a few extra photos. We will be leaving Virginia in a couple of days and heading to Raleigh, NC to visit our daughter. On the road again!!!
8 comments:
this is truly a beautiful fall card...I so adore the colors you used to Jeri....awesome...and what a cutie...so precious...hugs
Such a wonderful card. Love the fall colors and the little gems are just the right amount of sparkle.
Georgiana
Carson's Creations
I love your Fall card! The colors are wonderful and I just love the sentiment!! Great Gnome and mushroom!!! Your Grandson is a little doll! Have safe travels!! :)
I am so jealous of your travels in an RV. It was a dream my husband and I had all through our marriage, but alas he was taken away before we had the chance. Your card is very beautiful, it stood out immediately because of your "scrap" of paper. I love the deep brown and the use of craft paper for the card and the tag! Hope your trips are awesome and safe. TFS both the card and the pics!
Sue
suescraftymess.blogspot.com
Very pretty card Jeri ! Love all these fall projects !
HUGS,JANIE
Love your take on this challenge, Jeri... And as always I love your story.
Be safe.
Hugs
Carole
LOVE your fall card!! Beautifully done!
Your grandson is too adorable!!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
WOW! What a lovely card! I love the warmth of it! Your grand baby is a sweetie! Love your gnome too...cute! HUGS! :)
Post a Comment