Monday, September 26, 2011

BBTB2 Walk in My Garden

It's the last Monday of the month and that means it's time for this month's BBTB2 challenge and blog hop. Can you even believe it's the end of September already?  You should have arrived here from my good friend  Shelly's  blog.  If not you'll want to start at the beginning and you can find the list of designer's at the BBTB2 site.  This week's challenge was picked by the incredibly talented Donna.  She asked us to use the Walk In My Garden cartridge for the wheelbarrow cut.  If you don't have this cartridge you can use a wheelbarrow from any other cartridge or a wagon.  That's what I did.  I used the Freshly Picked cartridge.  For my base card (cut at 5" from white cardstock) I used the card feature on Stretch Your Imagination.  It had this adorable apple tree cut out card.  I envisioned apples in my wheelbarrow since it's the time of year for apple harvesting, so I thought the apple tree was perfect.  My background paper is from an old Recollections paper pad I got clearanced at Michael's a couple years ago.  The wheelbarrow is cut at 1.75".  My apples in the wheelbarrow are a printable stamp from The Cutting Cafe's Welcome Fall set.   This printable set features 44 (yes, a whopping 44) fall images  and sentiments perfect for Autumn card designs or scrapbook pages.  I altered the pile of apples to fit in the wheelbarrow by cutting off a couple to make them the perfect size.  My sentiment is also from an older Cutting Cafe set called Autumn Days.  I'll be giving away the Welcome Fall printable stamp set from The Cutting Cafe.  To be in the drawing for this fabulous set you'll need to leave me a comment.  Your next stop on the hop is Carri's blog.  Thanks so much for stopping by and for all the wonderful comments you leave.  They are so truly appreciated.

30 comments:

Jayne said...

Gorgeous card. Love the barrow full of apples.
Jayne x

Sharon said...

Oh gosh Jeri, this is awesome!!! Love the tree and wheelbarrow full of apples! My only question is where did you find apples for 25 cents a lb.?! They sure aren't that price at the store! Hahaha See ya soon!! :)

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Prett card. Love the wheelbarrow full of apples and the apple falling off the tree.

Thanks for sharing
Hugs Julie

Patti Ross said...

Simple Pleasures are the best. Love this project! Thanks for the inspiration!

Patti Ross
rossfam@wildblue.net
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Patti Ross said...

I was just your 300th follower!!! Woohoo!

Patti Ross
rossfam@wildblue.net
www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

Jessica Buffa said...

Fantastic card and I love all the apples. Happy to be a new follower (#300...wtg)
:O)
Jessica

jennyplace2 said...

Great card, love the wheelbarrow and the lovely colour combo. TFS!
jennyplace26@gmail.com

DonnaMundinger said...

Love how you used the card feature, Jeri. The whole idea of picking apples in the Fall makes me happy. Darling card! So there IS another wheelbarrow, WooHoo! My Cut Search doesn't list ANY. xxD

Jill said...

nice job!

Jill
jaihartjustlovelydesigns.blogspot.com

Treva said...

Cute card, love the use of the apples, tfs.

Margie said...

What a fun card!

Paula said...

What a pretty card.

Kathy Salido said...

I love your falling apples!!
Kathy
salido99 at msn dot com
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

flowerdisco said...

jeri, i am glad you ended up making a window card too. isn't just amazing how we had the same thought without knowing. i just had lots of problems making mine. i almost started another one :)
love the apples too. i better get used to all this digi images. they are like coloring pages so i shouldn't be afraid of them. you did a great job with them.

**Treefrog** said...

Love the card Jeri! So fall looking with all those apples! I'm ready for a Fall Apple picking harvest time, and of course some apple pie too, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Melissa said...

Too sweet! I love the sentiment with the tree and wheelbarrow full of apples.

DIANA L. said...

This is so awesome 44 images what a deal. I love the card it is so simple.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Such a fun card! It makes me want to go pick apples! I love the Cutting Cafe and the window with the tree peeking out is perfect!
Hugs,
Georgia

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Jeri,
Love the window, and I was also going to fill my barrow with apples, but I decided pumpkins instead..I love apples..Hugs, Krista

katieo said...

Great sentiment. A juicy apple sure is one of life's simple pleasures.
katieoscreations at gmail dot com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the card. It's a great apple pickin' card. Thanks for chance to win.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Kris in Alaska said...

Simply a lovely card! TFS!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Such a sweet card! Love the tree! Perfect sentiment!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

So cute. This so reminds me of being a kids and going apple picking with my family. TFS

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card, love how the apples look in the wheelbarrow and how well the cutting cafe file works with cricut cuts.
Kim xXx

callyannc said...

Mmmmm! These apples look good enough to eat! Super fun! TFS CallyAnn
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

I love your card! It's adorable and the sentiment is oh, so perfect. Just great!--Pat N.

Maria said...

Love the card feature you used Jeri! Perfect idea for the wheelbarrow and PERFECT sentiment you picked!

Tracey said...

Cute card, I really like the apples in the wheelbarrow. K7181994@aol.com

A Little Time said...

Could this be any cuter?? Love the apple tree and the wheelbarrow full of apples.