Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cricut Cardz/Cardz TV Hootie Halloween

This has been a tough week of travel for me and my husband.  As my followers know we're living fulltime in our RV and traveling.  It was a relief to stop in North Carolina for a few days and have some time to craft.  It's time for another Cricut Cardz/Cardz TV challenge.  This week's theme is Hootie Halloween.  Mary asked the DT to use an owl in a Halloween design.  I recently got the Hoot n' Holler cartridge clearanced at Walmart to $10.  I snapped that cartridge right up along with several others and was so excited.  I found this owl with curved legs and thought it was perfect to put on a broom and give a witch's hat.  I cut the owl at 3".  The witch hat with the spider dangling from it is a cut from the Happy Hauntings cartridge.  I cut the hat at 1.75".  For my broom I went to the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge and cut it at 6".  I used the Happy Hauntings cartridge for the swirly frame and it's cut at 5".
For the inside of the card I used a Hero Arts stamp set for both the spider webs in the corners and the sentiment.   Now I'm going to take a few days to enjoy our time in NC and visit with the youngest of our four daughters.  Then we'll pick up and move a little farther south from the Raleigh area towards Charlotte to visit with one of my husband's cousins.  I'm really excited to see the next campground because it's right on Lake Norman.  I'm really missing our summer campground on the shore of Lake Huron in Michigan.  I have to say we are getting a little bit tired of moving around so much.  We're ready to get to Florida and settle in for the winter in one spot. I hope you can play along with us this week and create your own Hootie Halloween card.  Thanks for dropping by and for the wonderful comments you leave. I'm so grateful for them and they really brighten my day. 

9 comments:

Beckie said...

Great card. Saw you at Cardtv. New follower ;)

Be Blessed, Beckie

Lezlye said...

Jeri, Looks like we were on the same page! Great Card!

Sharon said...

Oh how cute! Love that your owl is riding on a broom! Awesome idea!!! I'm really gonna have to think hard for this challenge!! Stay safe traveling!!! :)

created by connie said...

I really like your card, Jeri! And I LOVE the frame on the card. Great job!!
Connie :)

DIANA L. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DIANA L. said...

Super cute card. Great inspiration I love that owl. I 'll have to check those walmart sales out.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH! This turned out soooo CUTE! What a great Owl Card for this weeks Challenge! :o)

Theresa (CCC DT SISTER!)

beejay said...

Great job, love the witchy owl and that frame!

Jayne said...

Wow,love this card.Wish we had sales like that in the UK!!
Hope you have a great time with your daughter.
Jayne x