Before I show my card for this week I'd like to take care of a little business from last week's BBTB2 blog hop. I have a winner to announce for my blog candy. I was giving away a fantastic set of digital stamps from The Cutting Cafe called Welcome Fall that features over 40 images to one lucky commentor.
The winner is...................
Georgia Ehrmann from Paper Possibilities Toadily Handmade
Georgia if you'll email me @ thomasjeri55atyahoodotcom I'll see that you get your digital stamp set.
This week's BBTB2 challenge was the choice of our talented design sister, Carri. She asked us to work with the frog from the Create A Critter cartridge. As with all our challenges at BBTB2 if you don't have this cartridge you may use a frog from another Cricut cartridge. So I admit, I cheated. I do have the Create A Critter cartridge, but I recently stumbled upon a real bargain in my travels. I found a Walmart that had clearanced a bunch of their Cricut Lite cartridges to $10. I scooped up as many as I could find that I didn't have. One of those cartridges was the Live Simpy cartridge and that's where this frog came from. I recently missed a family member's birthday and needed to send a belated birthday card so that's the theme I went with. I created my shaped base card using my Gypsy and the Elegant Edges cartridge. I welded two shapes together at the top. With my Gypsy, I then put a single image of the same cut on my mat and used the arrow plus or minus key to make it a little bit smaller to mount on the card. My patterned paper is from a 6x6 Dots and Stripes paper pad from Echo Park. Before I placed it on the card I used my computer to print my little play on words sentiment. I cut my frog at 3.5" using two colors of green dotted paper from Bazzill Basics. I love this paper because it's already embossed with the dots. I'm so terrible at remembering to use my Cuttlebug to emboss, using this paper allows me to forget without the guilt. LOL I embellished with a little twine and a button. Now remember if you want to join in with this frog challenge and you don't have Create A Critter use a frog from another cartridge. Please remember that you must make a new creation. I'd also like to thank you for leaving your sweet comments. They mean so much to me.
14 comments:
Jeri, I love the frog you used with his bumpy body and his googly eyes.Great sentiment.
Hope you have a good week.
Jayne x
Love the frog!.... ....so cute. What a bargain on that cartridge too.
Carole
I just adore your card! The eyes are a perfect touch! SUPER CARD!!!!
So darn Cute Jeri, love that little froggie! So simple but so darn CUTE! I sure wish I could find some of those lites for $10, my WM doesn't carry them and the next closest one still has them for $29, maybe next time I go to the city I'll be able to find a few.
((Hugs)) Theresa
How adorable!!! I love your sweet little frog!! And I so love the Elegant Edges shape! :)
So THAT's where that cutie is from! I think I might even have that cart. WooHoo! Didn't pay $10 bucks, though. Lucky you! this is ssooo stinkin' ADORABLE! xxD
Great card love it.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
How could anyone be upset that you missed their birthday with that sweet little frog face!! This is soooo cute!
ADORABLE!!! I love him--I'll have to try him next time :) These frogs are so fun! Hey, my Walmart had them on clearance too but for $29!!!! Lucky girl :)
So cute! Love the card shape and embossing!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
Love it Jeri! So stinkin' cute! ;) Hugs x
jeri, i was wondering where that cute frog came from. i do have that cart too. just gorgeous card. tfs!
i better take a look at my walmarts to see what i find too :P
hey friend.. great steal on the carts :) the frog is really cute love how you bumped him with the embossing .. i so owe you a phone call.. getting lots of house revamp done here and across the street so its been super noisy.. a few more days and all should be done.. hope youre having a grand time traveling around:)
Super fun frog ! Love the embossing ! TOO CUTE ! Hugs - Lori
Post a Comment